Chapter 40-The Cooperation

After what seemed like forever, Ji Hyo and Gary reached Jong Kook's house.

'So what are we going to say to him?' Gary said as they unbuckled their seat belts.

'Just going to get the letter. I think we shouldn't reveal to him that we know he's in cahoots with Eun Hye and Nick. Let's see if he confesses,' Ji Hyo planned.

'Sure,' Gary was feeling confused.

'Knock,knock,knock,' Ji Hyo knocked Jong Kook's house's door with great force, feeling impatient.

The door opened, revealing Jong Kook in a white singlet.

'What brings you here?' His face lit up.

'I want the letter back,' Ji Hyo spoke in a serious tone.

'Sure,' Jong Kook was surprised, not apprehending what was going on. He then went back to his place and got the letter, before handing it over to Ji Hyo.

'If you don't mind, can I ask a question?' Jong Kook asked.

'Go ahead,' Gary was going according to Ji Hyo's plan, by letting Jong Kook to confess.

'Why do you want the letter back so quickly? Did something happen? Besides, I haven't solved the riddle yet. It's really difficult,' Jong Kook scratched his head.

'Why not? I mean, what do you want it for?' Ji Hyo knew that Jong Kook was acting innocent, so she played along.

Jong Kook was momentarily stunned by Ji Hyo's comeback.

'I…'  Jong Kook stuttered.

'Let's go,' Ji Hyo pulled Gary into the car.

'Wait! I think I know…! Jong Kook shouted after them, but it was all too late as they had already left.

Very soon, news about Kwang Soo and Suk Jin broke out. All the fans of Running Man were shocked by what  happened. Many reporters and fans flooded the mental hospital and the jail where Kwang Soo and Suk Jin were being detained at.

Despite all these happening, the Running Man show had to continue. The rest of the members from Running Man were noted about it with a text.

'Hello,' Ji Hyo picked up a call from the PD and was surprised.

'Please arrive two hours earlier to the opening set,' the PD informed.

'Okay,' Ji Hyo said before hanging up.

'I must have been chosen as the spy!' Although Ji Hyo was exhausted, she was still ecstatic about being a spy as it only happened to to her once in a  blue moon.

'Ji Hyo yah, we still have to film running man, so let's go grab a bite first, okay? We still have about three hours. Let's go to your favourite restaurant,' Gary was beaming as he drove.

'Sorry oppa, but I can't. I've to go to my dad's office… to discuss about our relationship,' Ji Hyo came up with a plan as she lied.

'Sorry oppa, I can't tell you the truth,' Ji Hyo thought.

'Oh, then never mind,' Gary was disappointed as he was rejected twice.

Seeing Gary disappointed, Ji Hyo immediately spoke, 'I promise you, we'll have a nice date next time!' Ji Hyo held up her pinky. 'Pinky-promise?' she grinned.

'I hope your father will approve of our relationship. And pinky-promise.' Both of them hooked their pinkies across each other. Gary couldn't say 'no' to Ji Hyo who wanted to leave, as she was acting cute.

'Don't worry! I'll settle my own lunch too and thanks!' Ji Hyo placed a kiss on Gary's cheek, making him blush.

After a ten-minute ride, Gary dropped Ji Hyo off outside Mr Song's office building. To make her lie a more convincing one, Ji Hyo had no choice, but to really ask Gary to make a trip there, to send her off as he was also worried about her safety.

Ji Hyo waved sadly at Gary as he drove off, feeling guilty about lying to her boyfriend.

Just as Ji Hyo was about to hail a cab, she saw two familiar people walking into her father's office, chattering away. They were Eun Hye and Nick.

'Now what? Why are they here?' Ji Hyo was exasperated as she hid in a corner, so that she wouldn't be spotted. Unfortunately, Ji Hyo's felt her legs wobbling and her stomach grumbled.

'I can't take it anymore,' Ji Hyo's appetite had taken over her and she just couldn't continue to spy on them. She then went to a nearby restaurant and ordered a bowl of kimchi noodles for lunch and gobbled her food down in record time.

On the other hand, Nick and Eun Hye got into the elevator and pressed the forth floor.

'Hi,' The pair did a 90 degree bow and greeted Mr Song with respect, having reached his office.

Without wasting anymore time, the three of them sat down. 'Let's work together, the three of us,' Mr Song started, which got Eun Hye and Nick's attention.

(So, what do you think they are working on? Find out in my next chapter! And please leave a comment and vote for my chapters! And lastly, Merry Christmas! :p)