17. If Heaven Was A Hideaway..

Hazel

I sat up against the wall touching my lip, she busted my freaking lip. What have I ever done to be treated the way I have.

"You like kicking pregnant women?"

My eyes widened as Stacy kicked Taylor is the face several times. I closed my eyes as blood dripped from her nose.

"You like being kicked bitch?"

Taylor clawed at Stacy's legs which only pissed her off more. She gripped Taylor's hair tighter and punched her. Each punch was louder than the last, I started to get sick just watching her beat the shit out of Taylor.

"Should I cut this bitch Hazel?"

Taylor shook her head vigorously trying to escape, I shrugged my shoulders. I can't stomach the sight of anymore blood.

"I think, I should"

I shut my eyes tight hearing Taylor's screams fill my apartment, Stacy is fucking crazy..

"You better not open your mouth either, I know a few niggas itching to pull the trigger. Stupid bitch"

Not long after that I heard the door slammed and sat down in front of me and grabbed my hands.

"Mami what's going on? You just let that bitch beat on you? You're not answering my calls.."

"I don't have the energy to fight anyone, anymore"

"Why are you whispering, you've been crying? Tell me what's wrong. Where is Rashawn?"

"He left, I'm hurting.."

"Where did he go, Hazel you have to tell me what's going on"

"Shawn went back to Texas and someone shot King"

"What? Is he okay? He isn't the best dude but he didn't deserve a bullet"

"He died twice Stacy.. I don't know if he's gonna make it. I don't know if Shawn is gonna come back, he won't pick up my calls"

"Oh, Dios mío"

"Stacy.. he came to my door bleeding, that won't leave my mind. I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see it over and over"

"You have to clear your mind, you cannot focus on that right now. Keep positive thoughts in your mind he's gonna be alright. Have you eaten?"

"Yeah I forced myself to eat and take my prenatal vitamins.."

"Okay, alright.. This is crazy, did you see him yet?"

"I was at the hospital all night holding his hand. This is tough, I keep thinking back to when his brother passed away. It's almost like it's happening again which is scary, I had a dream he didn't make it"

"That's just in your head we gotta get you out and get your mind off of this. Do you feel pain anywhere? If she hurt my baby I'm going to kill her"

"No she didn't get to kick me but she did get me pretty good in the lip

"That sucker ass punch, you good. Get up, you're coming with me"

"Where?"

She stood up and looked around, there was still a mess from the other night.

"Anywhere but here.."

"I have to grab a few things"

"Alright grab your bag and I'll clean up a bit"

I got off the floor and went back into my bedroom to grab some of my things. I don't know what to bring.. a little or a lot?

"Bring a lot"