7. Should've Used Protection..

Hazel

I threw the covers off and sat up as sweat beads formed on my forehead. I don't know if it's just me but it's hot, I tapped Rashawn hoping to wake him up but he didn't budge.

"Rashawn.."

"What?"

"Are you hot?"

"No its cool in here, too cool actually"

He sat up and placed his hand on my forehead, this has been happening the past few nights. Either I'm hot, in pain or sick to my stomach and I don't know why.

"You're body is kind of hot, do you feel okay?"

"I feel dizzy, I don't know why"

"You think being out in the rain is the reason?"

I shrugged and took off my shirt, the air conditioner was on but it wasn't helping me at all. It feels like I'm going through early menopause, while dealing with a very upset stomach.

"Do you want some hot tea? Or maybe some soup?"

"It's like I'm hungry but at the same time I have no appetite. No I don't want any tea"

"You have to drink something, you're gonna get dehydrated. Maybe it's the food we had, food poisoning?"

"I don't know, I'm gonna go take a bath to cool down"

"I think a shower would be better, incase you fall.. I'll be able to hear it"

"Can you help me?"

"You're okay with me seeing you naked?"

"I don't have a choice right now, I kind of need your help. But if you want me to hit the ground as soon as I get up fine"

"Okay.. but I'm not responsible if a certain part of my body gets hard as a result of seeing you naked"

"I felt it all last night.."

"Yeah sorry about that"

"Eh, no need to be sorry"

He cleared his throat and played with the rim of his shirt. We haven't had sex but we were laying pretty close last to one another yesterday. He was there comforting me throughout the night. The stuff King said really upset me and made me feel really dirty and insecure. Its been on my mind heavy, what am I gonna do if he really lets that tape get back to my dad?

"Do you think I'm a slut?"

"What? No, why would you ask that"

"I feel like I am sometimes.."

"But why?"

"When it's said so many times you just start to believe it"

"You can't believe everything that's said about you. People will say anything to tear you apart"

:
The Next Day

Thankfully after taking a cool shower and taking some Tylenol I was able to rest. However what I realized this morning didn't help much after a terribly long night.

I paced my room occasionally looking over the calendar that sat on my bed. Unsure of how this could have happened to me I sat on my bed and rubbed my temples. Its not like Its a week late, okay maybe it's been six days but that doesn't mean anything, right?

I kept staring at the date it was supposed to be here by now. How did I not realize this earlier.. so much has been going on I didn't even notice it. I picked my phone up and immediately found Taylor's name. My finger hovered over call for at least three minutes before I mustered up the courage to press it. My stomach turned and twisted into knots as the phone rung. I could feel my heart beat throughout my body as my hands shook.