50. Fifteen Seconds..

Hazel

I waited outside of the cafe by my car in the cold for my real estate agent to meet me about the potential buyer interested in my condo. This is exciting news because if they buy it, I can move forward and start making plans so I can finally leave New York.

"So sorry I made you wait. Traffic was a bit heavy this morning.."

"Andre?"

He looked up from his phone and stood back in surprise. I guess he didn't expect to meet me here, the feeling is mutual I didn't expect him to be the person I agreed to meet with.

"Nice to meet you again, we should go in I don't want you to freeze anymore"

I turned off the heat in my car and got Ava out, I no longer ask people to watch her. After turning my car off and shutting the door and grabbing my bag. I stood outside for the simple fact that he constantly told me he was like five minutes away.

He held the door open and I walked inside the place, the aroma of coffee lingered all throughout this place. It was both good and bad, after a while the scent starts to bother me. But then it makes me want an iced coffee with extra whipped cream.

"We're gonna sit over here by the window if that's alright with you"

"Yeah thats fine"

I sat down and took the blanket off Ava's car seat, Andre smiled at her and waved. She kicked her feet and smiled, she's so happy.

"Cute kid"

"Thanks"

"So we talked over the phone and we've been keeping in touch regarding the listing. I have some one who's definitely interested, I showed the property and they like it. The only thing is they wanna negotiate the price. We originally said three hundred thousand, they're talking two hundred and fifty thousand. Would you be willing to drop the price?"

"Yeah, I just wanna get the condo sold so I can move on. We can do two hundred and fifty for sure.."

"Alright, I'll give the potential buyer a call and see if they're still interested. If they are we can go ahead and get the paperwork done and get you the money. I'm gonna try to get every thing finalized within a week if all goes well"

"So how long should I wait to start looking for a new place?"

"I actually have a list of properties for you. When I last spoke to you, you weren't sure on where you wanted to go. Or how many bedrooms you'd need, is she your only child?"

"She is my only child, I think two or three bedrooms is what I want. This is a home I plan to be in for years so I think it should be my dream home"

"Are you expanding your family, maybe a nursery or anything of that nature?"

"I'd like a nursery for Ava. The other room would just be an extra room this is my only baby.."

"Okay, do you have a preference when it comes to bathrooms, one maybe two? Kitchen size? Hardwood or carpeted floors?"

"Umm.. Truthfully I don't care. As long as it's nice, cozy and modern I'm all for it"

I'm really hoping by April I'll be able to finally wave goodbye to this place. Its nice here, a beautiful place to visit but it's not for me. I would have to say the Bronx is the place I have the most memories. I met a lot of people, not all good people but I learned a lot from them.

The big city has made me who I am, I fell in love and loved way too hard. I made friends, one's that seemed genuine in the beginning. I reconnected with old friends and realized that none of those people cared. Its sad because all I've ever wanted was true friends and love. I don't have either anymore, Tazo is a friend. But he's not who I love...