12. Don't Kiss And Tell..

Hazel

"So I heard you and my brother kissed"

I covered my face, I knew it was only a matter of time before she asked about the kiss. Do all men kiss and tell? It wasn't that deep for him to tell Stacy. But I'm sure he told Stacy because he knew she'd ask, which is a good way to find out how I feel about it without directly asking me.

"Um, it was.. it just happened"

"Did you feel anything? Like do you like him?"

"I mean, I don't know. Like I-I have a lot going.."

"You can't even get it out right, You like him!"

"No, no, no. He seems like a really nice guy but I'm not trying to do that at the moment. I need to focus on me right now"

"That's understandable, how are things going at the shop?"

I pointed to the blue color and told the lady to do whatever she wanted design wise. Stacy called herself treating me to a pedicure at this cute little spa. They have wine, fruits, crackers and cheese, really cute little snacks. Of course I can't sip on wine because of the baby, I'm not old enough either. So I've been sipping on orange juice, eating all the crackers and cheese.

"You know, stop playing.."

"Okay I do, but I just wanted you to admit it. You haven't showed up since monday, what's going on?"

"After the kiss I really didn't wanna face Austin. I work for him, and then with everything else going on I don't know if this is really what I want..."

"Don't tell me you're still mad at what Ted did. I already got in his ass he will never do it again. We miss you up at the shop"

"I don't know anymore. I didn't really think about how things would be working with a group of men. If I'm going to be disrespected over something like that, this isn't for me. I have a baby on the way, I'm responsible for the life I'm creating. I don't like to get out of character, It's unnecessary stress I'm putting on my baby. And right now it's not worth it"

"Your heart is in the right place, you just wanna bring a healthy baby into the world. But you shouldn't let that stress you, these niggas don't care. You have to be just as careless, like you took my client? Coo I'm gonna pick myself up and come back even harder. I know it's difficult being as though you're the new girl. But you can't let these niggas take what you earned, you're gonna have a mouth to feed soon. Pull your big girl panties on and stunt on these niggas. Fuck Ted and any bitch that tries to bring you down, jealously is a huge factor. Take all them bitches down and stack ya money, simple as that"

She's right but I know half the things that's been happening is being done out of spite. And to spare my feelings I will simply remove myself from the situation before things get worse.

"Yeah you're right, I'm just not as rough around the edges like you though. I think it'll be easier to work for my uncle at his law firm in Staten Island"

"Well watch and learn because I'm gonna teach you. You're not leaving me in Brooklyn, just come back please"

"You're acting like I'm going far, Staten island is less than an hour from here. Plus I'm not moving yet"

"But then we won't be able to eat lunch together. I might miss something and you damn right you aren't moving"

"I'm just gonna work over there, I plan to stay in Brooklyn. Its closer to the hospital my doctor works with"

"So you're just gonna give up being a barber? Over one opinion? Oh... I know what it is. Please don't let that keep you from doing something you love."