040

"Y-Y/N senpai!" You pull the straw away from your lips and turn around to a bowing Hinata "I'm sorry about the other day!"

You wave him away "Ah, don't worry about. Besides, i'm not the idiot that decked you two first years." The easy going smile is wiped off your face and replaced by a dark look, the two girls you were talking to pale seeing your face "But you shouldn't fight in front of ladies, poor Yacchan looked ready to fall apart right then and there."

"R-right! Thank you senpai!"

Another smile comes over your face and the two girls breathe easy "Now get to class Hinata or else you'll be late. I'll see you after school in the gym." Hinata nods before running off and you turn your back to Hinata and continue your conversation with the two.

***

During practice and over the next few days it was glaringly obvious that Kageyama and Hinata were most definitely not fine. Better than them fist fighting but they were totally not fine.

After practice you stayed in the gym and watched Asahi dish out jump serves to better his aim. Just when Asahi was about to get a serve within bounds Nishinoya comes out of no where, and as usual, receives it perfectly, a joyous "ASAHI!!!!" Leaving him.

Just seeing Noya's vibrancy causes you to smile.

"Mind if I join?" As usual a wide smile is all over Nishinoya's face.

A sheepish grin comes over Asahi "Oh, yeah, sure."

Nishinoya points at himself with his thumb "Would you mind hitting some of my tosses?"

"Yeah, sure." Asahi jumps once he realizes what Nishinoya asked. "Uh, wait, what? You're going to toss?"

"Oh!" You stand and walk towards the two players with a smile. You miss Nishinoya's ears going red, but Asahi doesn't. "You wanna do what Wat-- Seijoh's libero did?"

"Yeah!" Seeing Asahi's stunned face Nishinoya turns to the ace "I'll still help with your serves Asahi!"

Asahi gives Noya a determined grin "I'm ready when you are."

After a few rounds of Asahi serving you all switched over to Nishinoya trying to serve.

That's where you ran into your first problem. Nishinoya jumps up to receive the ball that Asahi just sent over and he tosses it up only for it to go up a few centimetres before falling on Nishinoya's face.

Noya can't set, hell his hands weren't even in the right position.

"Hey Noya," You stand up and walk towards the libero "You mind if I help you out?"

You try instructing him but Noya just seems confused and when you directed his hands it still wasn't right.

"Okay, here," You press your front to Nishinoya's back to correctly place his hands over his head "There should be a sort of triangle shape between your thumbs when setting." You trace your index finger in between Nishinoya's thumbs and look to your side not counting on Nishinoya already looking at you, which he is. You freeze and your eyes go wide.

Ohmygosh Nishinoya's right there HES SO CLOSE HFIFVSIFB

"Uh, guys...?"

Both of you snap out of it at Asahi's confused voice, bright blushes on both of your faces.

***

Time seemed to fly by, you all learned about different tempos, Asahi got down his jump serve, Nishinoya get's help on setting from both you and Suga, your helping Yamaguchi with the help of the guy from the Shimada mart and you heard from Yachi that she's trying to help Kageyama with the falling toss. Plus you've heard from Hinata that he's been working with the old coach Ukai and from the third years about the synchronized attack.

All in all, your pretty sure the teams getting a lot better.

During the last practice Takeda gathers you all up about the training camp in Tokyo being the last one before preliminaries and nationals.

***

Just like last time you all leave in the middle of the night and much like last time you are completely out of it.

Everything Takeda and coach Ukai say goes in one ear and out the other, even if you managed to hear them everything just sounded like it was underwater.

You however did hear the team when they yelled in agreeance to whatever it was Daichi said. That startled you so bad you jumped behind Kiyoko.

Once you guys boarded the bus you grabbed the closest person to you which happened to be Tobio, when that happened you didn't know but you couldn't care less.

Letting out a yawn you not to gently nudged Kageyama into his seat before sitting next to him and leaning your head against his shoulder and promptly falling asleep.

You weren't aware of the looks both Tanaka and Nishinoya were throwing Kageyama and neither was Kageyama, that idiot was too busy reading a volleyball magazine.

***

As soon as you step down from the bus a yawn leaves you and your thrown backwards as something crashes into you.

"Wha-- Suzumeda?"

"Y/N!"

"Why--!" Your once again cut off by Suzumeda as she shoves a rice ball into your mouth before pulling you along.

You take a bite before pulling it out of your mouth and following along with where ever Suzumeda was pulling you.

Turns out it was to meet everyone else from Fukurodani.

***

While Karasuno was doing their penalty run you snuck off to gym three. While there you couldn't help but grab some balls to practice your serves.

You bounce the ball on the court three times before taking a breath and throwing the ball up you jump and once your hand connects with the ball you exhale.

You watch as the ball hits just in front of the back line before bouncing up into the air and hitting the wall, only for the ball connects with the ground once more.

An impressed whistle comes from the door and you turn to see Kuroo with Akaashi and Bokuto behind him.

"Wow Y/N, you didn't tell us you could do all that." Kuroo crosses his arms with a smug grin

You pick up another ball from beside you and shrug "It's nothing much."

"I didn't see you play today! Are you a pinch server?"

Fukurodani's setter elbows Bokuto in the stomach "Were you not paying attention when Suzumeda introduced him?"

"Oh," Bokuto looks towards the setter curiously "She did?"

"Let me introduce myself again, I'm Oikawa Y/N, Karasuno's male manager."

"Oh!! I know who you are now!" A wide grin splits Bokuto's face. "But with serving skills like that..." Bokuto looks puzzled for a second before another grin comes over his face "You should play with us for a little bit!"

"Kuroo senpai! I'm here!"

You turn to see Lev running through the doors.

"Sure, i'll join."

***

After a while of setting balls for both Bokuto, Kuroo, and even Akaashi, sometimes with Lev thrown in. You Bokuto and Akaashi were leaning on a wall and talking as you all watched Kuroo train Lev.

"So, Y/N what made you wanna join volleyball as a manager instead of a player?"

"Oh, that? Easy, i think its stunning the way the teams move in sync," you answer. You glance towards Kuroo seeing him and Lev in a yelling match with one another "Don't tell Kuroo, but watching Nekoma play always gives me that since of wonder. They seem to be so in sync." You watch a ball that Lev received go flying in the air before landing right next to him, "At least with Inuoka anyway."

A/N:
My soccer practice got out early bc it rained.