27

The whistle blows and the referee is pointing at you, "Aoba Johsai, i'm going to ask you to control your manager."

"Gomen!" You apologize bowing to the ref.

You sit down quickly and you can feel your cheeks burn in embarrassment. You look back up to see the first year looking at you. You give him a nod of reassurance, a smile, and a thumbs up.

Yamaguchi swallows and steps onto the court as soon as he steps onto the court you can see him get even more unnerved. He picks up a ball and walks behind the serving line staring down at it.

"Hey, Yamaguchi~!" Suga calls.

You and pretty much everyone on the court look over at Suga's call to see, Kinoshita, Nishinoya, Sugawara, Ennoshita, and Narita doing a ridiculous pose.

"One point! Nice serve!" They yell out together.

[I wanted to use a gif but it wouldn't load (bc wattpad's a lil bitch) so you get a picture instead

[I wanted to use a gif but it wouldn't load (bc wattpad's a lil bitch) so you get a picture instead.]

Yamaguchi grips the ball with both hands before bouncing it on the ground twice. The second time the ball hits his shoe and rolls away, Yamaguchi chasing after it.

"He's a little bundle of nerves isn't he?" Mizoguchi ask.

You nod before humming you agreement "Mhm."

Yamaguchi gets back and the whistle blows. Yamaguchi takes a deep breath before throwing the ball up and stepping after it before jumping, both Tooru and Hajime's mouths fall as they recognize your technique. Yamaguchi hits the ball and sends it forward.

The ball's shaky, just as it should be. The serve seems to be good right up until it hits the net and drops to the floor.

Its quiet on the court until the ref blows the whistle and extends his arm to Seijoh's side.

Tooru breathes a sigh of relief as Hajime speaks "Okay, we got lucky."

Seijoh's at match point.

24 Aoba Johsai
22 Karasuno

If Karasuno screws up even once, it'll be all over.

"Don't be intimidated, men! Let's throw ourselves into it!" Nishinoya yells. You look over to the orange clad libero, a small smile on your face.

Nishinoya's pep talk seemed to work as the next play was Asahi slamming the ball onto the floor of Seijoh's court. The ace indeed.

Tanaka's up to serve. The ball is received by Watari and sent to Tooru who sets up Kindaichi for an A quick that Hinata still can't get a touch on. Tanaka receives the ball but it looks like it's going over the net. If seijoh gets the chance ball it could spell disaster for Karasuno. Tooru jumps up to hit a direct.

Kageyama jumps and with one hand adjust the ball midair and Hinata's right behind him.

Hinata slams the ball down and no one manages to dig the ball up.