005

Karasuno was sitting on the floor, going over positions for the Seijoh game.

Daichi holds up a board showing who he thinks would work well in the positions, you can't lie it seemed pretty good, although you were confused as to why Hinata was going to play middle blocker. But you know better than to question the captain.

"I want to use Kageyama and Hinata as a set." You could see the two look at one another wearily, it wasn't well hidden that they didn't approve of the idea. "Tsukishima is by far the tallest player on our team, so I want to see how far he can use that against Seijoh."

Kei, ever the sunshine agrees with a reluctant, "Yes, sir."

Tanaka is quick to call out the one question you've had since looking at the board. "Wait, you're putting Hinata in the one position that relies on height?"

Hinata, because he's just oh so smart, just realizes as well as he ask Daichi a question. "You put me in the same middle blocker position as that beanpole Tsukishima?"

"Time out!" You look up from the board and quietly laugh seeing Takeda sensei reading a ' Volleyball: How to' guide. You knew he didn't know a think about the sport and admired him for attempting to help you guys out, despite being almost hopeless. "H-hey, can we review positions for a moment."

"Sure sensei, take your time."

He looks up from his book to give you a smile and then going back to reading from it. "The setter: The control tower that sets up the tosses and formulates the attacks. The wing spiker: The all-rounder that plays a central role in maintaining the offensive-defensive balance. The middle blockers: They block the opponents attacks and make points using quick attacks. This position also acts as a decoy to lead away the opponent blockers." Oh that's it. Hinata can be a decoy for Tanaka and Asahi when he get's back. Plus Hinata has some decent spikes.

"Does that sound about right?" Takeda lowers his book and looks at Daichi who nods but clarifies a position he missed.

"There's another, specializing in defense, but we'll skip it this time 'round." Nishinoya, the libero is left unsaid.

Practice continues as everyone get's up but your attention is drawn to the two first years. "Listen up Hinata," You grin seeing Kageyama pointing at Hinata who looks like he's about to explode. "You are the greatest decoy!"

Hinata practically vibrates from happiness at a nickname from Kageyama Jumping up he exclaims "Yeah! I'm the," until it sinks in, his head tilting as he get's the words out "Greatest de...coy?" He collapses to his knees. "That sounds so lame..."

"We're going to rake in the points with the quick attack and use you to distract the enemy!"

You grab the closest person to you, which happened to be Tanaka, "Hey, when did those two," You nod your head in the general direction of Hinata and Kageyama "Learn to do a quick attack?"

"Oh that's right! You weren't at the three-on-three Saturday. Man it was crazy! I can't really explain it other than Hinata had his eyes closed and that Kageyama set it crazy fast and with incredible accuracy!" You pat Tanaka on his shoulder before sending him back to Sugawara and Ennoshita. A small 'thanks' being sent to him as you walk closer to the first years who were bickering at Kageyama calling Tsukishima an idiot even though he's not in the college prep classes.

And then Kageyama ruins it. His eyes narrow as he glowers at Hinata, "You need to function properly or all of our other attacks will fall apart." You can visibly see Hinata's spirit break.

You pull Kageyama away by his Karasuno jacket. "Come on now Tobio chan, don't scare the poor sunshine. Look at what you did," You point to Hinata, Kageyama following your finger, as Hinata mutters about not falling apart over and over again. "You put too much pressure on him Bakayama!" You give him a good karate chop to his head, "Go fix it!"