28

You stare, first, at the celebrating team in white and teal, and second, at defeated team in black and orange. You avert your eyes from the two crushed first years as guilt ways heavy on you.

"Sensei's, I... i have to go." You don't wait for either of the older men to dismiss you, and instead you simply walk out.

You make it out of the gym and you duck your head as you pass other people in the hallway. You ignore the stinging of your eyelids and continue on until you see less and less people. Eventually you no longer see anyone. Finally alone you sit down on a cushion and bury your head in your hands.

Finally the tears you pushed back on your walk spill over and you hunch over as you cry, your tears splattering on the floor. Looking down at yourself you notice the white and teal aoba johsai jacket, gripping it you begin to cry even harder.

I could've done so much more to prepare them. I knew about Seijoh and I knew what they could do. I knew Tooru had the video to watch the game. I could have warned them about the signals. I could've--!

You stop as an arm wraps around you. You don't make a move and look up at the other manager of Karasuno. Another wave of guilt crashes over you seeing her in the black Karasuno tracksuit.

If only I hadn't abandoned my team...

"Y/N, You can let it out." Kiyoko murmurs as she adjust your body so that your arms are wrapped around her in a hug and your head is resting on her shoulder. Your eyes are wide and tears still rolling down your cheeks.

You grip onto the back of Kiyoko's jacket "S-senpai, I quit on my team. I could've done so much to help you all out more, but i didn't say anything. I didn't do anything. I could've helped us out so much more." You squeeze your eyes shut and Kiyoko rubs circles on your back. "I should've done more!"

"You did what you thought was right. No one is mad at you Y/N, your still our manager."

You and Kiyoko fall into silence after that, the only sounds being that of you sniffling.

Once you finally get your tears in check and you even out your breathing you and Kiyoko break from the hug. You look down at your shoes, still unable to look Kiyoko in the eye "Thank you Kiyoko senpai."

Probably sensing your not ready to go yet Kiyoko stands up and pats your shoulder "No one blames you for the loss Y/N, please know that." She then takes her hand away and walks off.

You watch as the third year walks away. "I doubt it."

***

Aoba Johsai lost to Shiratorizawa the next day. You weren't at the game, due to you not actually being Aoba johsai 's manager and being unable to get an excused absence, but you did get a text from Kunimi explaining that Seijoh lost both sets. You knew when you got home that you'd have to comfort your elder brother.

That added one problem on top of another. What's the first problem? Well that one is a little bit (read: a lot) harder than comforting Tooru. Avoiding the members of the Karasuno boy's volleyball team. Easier said than done, obviously. Luckily you didn't have anyone from the team in your class but that didn't mean they couldn't find ways around it.

"Good morning Kou, Mina..." Both girls turn away from their conversation and to you.

"Good morning Y/N!" The two greet back

"No lunch volleyball practice today, huh?" Kou ask sipping from her yogurt box.

You shake your head "No, we have the day off..."

"I heard you guys lost to Seijoh. I've heard of how good they are. It's super cool that you guys hung in there as long as you did." Mina takes a bite of her rice before giving you a smile.