Chapter 2 || I'm Jealous

I went to my homeroom to get the schedule of my classes, upon being in my homeroom class it felt a bit odd as someone here in the class was sort of a bad boy. He kept talking throughout the morning announcements and just had this bad appearance, as I had kept staring one of them acknowledged me and laughed.

"Got something on your mind new girl?" The boy said.

I sighed shaking my head, "wanna keep it down? We're trying to listen."

"I'm sorry, what?" He said being cocky.

The other boy who had the bad boy vibe was staring at me telling me silently himself that he's sorry about his friend who was being an ass, his friend got up from his seat coming over to me while I leaned back into my seat, "Want me to kick your ass new girl?"

I scoffed, "Is that supposed to scare me? Seems to me that only the two of us know how to kick some ass properly instead of threatening the person, telling them that you'll kick their ass, while throughout the whole school year you wouldn't and would waste your time trying to prove yourself the bigger and smarter person. While we all know that you got held back, for two years in a row making friends with former freshmen that you used to bully and make fun of, so if I were you I would walk back to my seat and forget this ever happened. After all, I am the new girl, and you can't do shit."

Everyone ooh'd as he clenched his jaw, he stood upright turning to the students shushing them, the boy who was his friend smirked at what I had said to him, he looked over at me giving me a smile. I half smiled back knowing that a guy like him had become friends with the wrong people, but I know in some sense that he will regret being their friend and apologize for it. I just want to get this period over with so I could see Miguel at lunch, and hopefully not see these fuckers again.

After the bell had rung and the period was finally over I walked out heading to my first period, I heard running feet after me, I had hoped it was Miguel but it ended up being the guy, "hey, wait up."

I bit the inside of my lip, "hey, can I help you?"

"Look, I just wanted to apologize for what my friend said to you back there in homeroom. It wasn't his place to say those things, and I'm sorry," he said.

I sighed shaking my head, "look, I appreciate the apology but is this some sort of way of you telling me that you're wanting to be my friend but end up faking it out in the end?"

He chuckled shaking his head, "no, it's not, trust me."

"Hmm, trust is a very big word, but since I'm new here might as well have us become friends," I said smiling holding my hand out for him to shake.

He smiled shaking it, "names Robby, what's yours?"

"Katrina."

"Pretty name, so you're new here huh? Where'd you move here from?" He asked me as we headed to our next period together.

I smiled as I had sat down on a chair, "from Chicago, yeah I know, big city and all that but to be honest I really do miss it there."

"Chicago huh? Wow, and what's there to miss?" He asked.

I smiled, "the jazz, the night life of the city and just being around town makes it feel like you're in a whole new world. But, when I moved here I sort of got homesick and missed the vibe you know?"

"Yeah I totally get it, I understand where you're coming from," he says.

I smiled, "what about you?"

"Well, those guys you saw me with? They're not really my friends, you see I got this new job at LaRusso auto shops and became this whole other person that I didn't know that I could become you know? Only reason was to get back at my father Johnny," he says to me.