Chapter 16 || All Valley Tournament, Miguel leaving & Robby Aftermath

We were at the tournament in the back room awaiting to head out onto the main floor, Miyagi-Do went first and then Cobra Kai. Robby turned around to face me, as we locked eyes, I got this feeling in my stomach of what happened last night but I shook it off looking away.

Miguel looked over at me, him and I didn't say anything as to what happened at prom last night, but he wore this sad solemn look on his face and I could tell he missed me.

He walked up to me, "Katrina, listen I—"

"And finally...this dojo is making their All Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!" The announcer announced as we jogged on out.

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51st annual All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament!" He continued then the crowd cheered, "it's karate time."

"Eagle Fangs, listen up," Johnny begins.

As he begins his sensei speech to motivate us, I wasn't paying attention as I was looking over at Robby, who was indeed looking over at me. I felt insanely guilty on cheating on Miguel, which means I'm going to have to tell Miguel about Robby and I.

Miguel then catches my attention as I wore a guilt face, he got concerned, "Katrina are you with us?"

"Hm? Y-yeah," I said nodding.

He eyed me, "are you sure? Because you can back out."

I nodded, "I got this."

"Good, you don't accept defeat," he says smiling nodding as I nodded back, "are you ready?"

"Yes sensei!" We yelled.

"Diaz a word."

I see that Miguel and Johnny have a word, Diana and Sarah shouted my name, I looked over to see them sitting with my parents, Caitlin holding Luke and my mom holding Ariana, along with Amanda, Anthony, Carmen and Yaya.

I waved at them smiling as I was indeed nervous, but I took in a deep breath remembering everything from my previous training in Miyagi-Do with Daniel and now this training in Eagle Fang.

"Alright, Salvador a word," he says.

I walk on over to him, he looks to me worried, "how are you doing? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm fully focused and ready to beat Tory," I said.

He nods, "that's not the only thing on your mind is it?"

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Miguel has the same issue too, you guys are both on the same team and you both need to be there for each other. Get each other's backs, alright?" He says to me.

I nodded, "thanks but sensei, theres something else too."

"What is it?" He asked.

I sighed, "I slept with your son last night."

He looks at me stunned and shocked, "ah shit."

"Don't tell Miguel, I'll tell him."

"Okay."

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to begin our skills competition. Up first, Demetri Alexopoulos from Miyagi-Do karate, who'll be showcasing the kamas," the announcer said.

As we watched Demetri with his skills, I couldn't help but feel Robby's eyes on me the whole time, when I looked I saw him, I looked away feeling my cheeks get warm then I saw Miguel.