Chapter 17 || Finding Miguel, Beach Brawl, Hot Pepper Challenge & Aunt Freya

Johnny, Robby and I are in Mexico—we stopped at this little gas station or small store for snacks on the way to find Miguel. As Johnny was inside grabbing what he needed I was leaning against the van next to Robby, this was a bad idea that Robby was here.

I sighed shaking my head, "I cannot believe you came with us, you only came because of me right?"

"What makes you think that?" He asked sheepishly.

I looked at him, "seriously? Are we not going to talk about what literally happened last night? You waking up and changing in my house? I'm practically pregnant, engaged to Miguel and already slept with you twice. Not once but twice."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't do that to you while you're pregnant and getting married. I'll take credit for it, I'm sorry," he apologized.

I nodded, Johnny then walked out with bags and wearing red sunglasses with the tag still on it, "Got us some choice of supplies for the next leg of our road trip, Mexican Cokes."

"I think here, they're just Cokes," Robby said.

I shook my head, "that's not what they're called."

Then he holds up a bag of candy, "Mexican candy, Chicharróns and just picked up this bad ass cellphone. It's got sixty minutos on it, that's like, three hundred American minutes. And I got you a little something to say, 'welcome to Mexico'. Don't tell me it's offensive, we bought it in Mexico, it's their idea. And here gift number two."

He holds up a shirt that says FBI on it, "turn it around."

When he does Johnny laughs as Robby smiles, "isn't that great?"

It read Female Body Inspector, honestly, I kind of agree with the shirt as he has slept with me twice but I mean the shirt is for a joke and obviously Johnny's way to impress his son by bonding with him.

"I got one for me too," Johnny tells him to join in.

"Nice, two shirts for the most geekiest people in my life who I've met. Real nice," I sarcastically joked standing by seeing them two.

Johnny looks to me, "hey, hey don't be a party pooper now okay? We're just having a little fun."

Robby looks at Johnny, "so what are we actually doing here? Don't say it's a father son bonding thing, we could've done that five hundred miles ago."

"Alright look, this is a father son bonding thing. Just something we have to take care of first," he explains to him the best way he could.

I sighed shaking my head, "oh lord."

"Yes Katrina? Is there something on your mind?" Johnny asked as Robby walked away to use the bathroom before we left.

I sighed, "you didn't even tell Robby why we drove all this way to Mexico? Are you kidding me?"

"Hey, relax, I got it all under control."

"Oh do you? So what is your plan exactly? Mister 'oh I'm gonna bond with my son while I'm not gonna tell him why we're here because I wanna save my image'?" I said mocking him in a deep voice.

He scoffs, "very funny Katrina, but no—I may have intended it to sound like I did that—but that's not my full intention or plan. I've got it completely handled, just need some time."

"Time is not your answer Johnny, we're actually running out of time to find my fiancé, Ariana's father and bringing him home," I said to him angrily as I got into the van.

During the drive Johnny listened to what I said to him and told Robby what we were actually doing here, I sat in the back listening to their conversation, "you've got to be kidding me."