Part 169

Arjun and Krishna are supervising the construction work taken up by Maya inside and outside Indraprasth. The sprawling gardens on the other side of Indraprasth is used for construction of Yajnasala,Maya took special care in providing abodes for sages who take prominent part in conducting Rajasuya.

For Vedavyasa a special Ashram was built at the  right side of Indraprasth.
Arjun asked Krishna. Where do we keep our cousins and that Angaraj?
Krishna replied. Keep them outside Indraprasth. Arjun nodded. No Madhav Duryothan is egoistic. He won't agree. Let us keep him inside the city only. Krishna smiled. Throw him in Mayasabha. It will take time for him to come out
. Arjun smiled. It will be funny.But Eldest may not agree ,he already started,Take proper care of Duryothan...

When all the Bahus met at worship chamber Chitra observed Ulupi's glowing face and pulled her to a corner. Tell me what happened yesterday. I am dying of curiosity. You look like a new bride. Chitra teased.
Ulupi blushed and checked to see if any one is listening. Nothing special. He came late and apologised .
Chitra insisted. Tell me what happened afterwards. Ulupi told the conversation between her and Arjun. Chitra is highly excited. So enjoyed so much. It shows on your face. You look gorgeous. Chitra complimented.
Then she expressed her regret. See still I can not have him today. Arya will get the chance today. Why should Mata insist on this order thing?

Ulupi smiled on seeing her friend's impatience. It is good only. Otherwise many misunderstanding s may occur.He will be in trouble.
Chitra observed Rekha and Alli chatting together. They both are looking beautiful  in traditional wear Alli bring pregnant has a different glow on her face. She told Ulupi. I never thought he would marry so many.  He should have stopped at least with four. I am disappointed yesterday for not getting the sweet from him. He is too smart. He knows how to get out of controversies.
Then They observed Panchali and Arya  listening to Dhaumya's instructions regarding the Katyayani vrat that may take place  after two days.
Subhadra approached Chitra and asked courteously..Bua asked me to find out if everything is fine at your chambers. You can tell if you need something more. Subhadra developed a liking for Chitra who speaks her heart openly.
Ulupi said. We don't need anything.Thanks for everything.
Chitra asked Subhadra. Where is Arya Arjun? I didn't see him since morning.
Subhadra informed. He is with Bhrata Krishn looking after construction work. And you don't need to search for him. He will be with Bhrata Krishn . They both spend more time together rather than with their spouses.
Rukmini who just entered with Satya smiled at Subhadra's remark and joined Panchali. Satya approached Subhadra and said.You better tell Arjun to leave our husband at least for sometime.
Subhadra knows her playful nature and retorted. Satya Bhabhi you better tell my Bhrata to leave our husband at least for his newly arrived wives. She winked at Chitra while saying so.
Kunti who kept an ear on her Bahus called them over. Karenu Vijaya are there, Devika is busy along with Jalandhara in the Kitchen assisting Bheem. Kunti held Pragati and told Panchali to distribute The ornaments that were sent as a legacy from Hastinapur to all of them.
She told her Bahus. You will be given time to spend with your husband but in the wake of Forth coming Rajasuya he has many duties to attend. You all should cooperate with him.
The Bahus promised their support and commitment towards Rajasuya. ...

As that day is the turn of Arya, Kunti who has a soft corner for her called her and asked "Arya You are a great devotee of Umaparvati I want to hear how you get to know of Phalgun that led to taking up a strict vrat to obtain him. Even your cowives should hear it. It involves Mata Parvati no?
Arya felt shy as she is not outspoken. Priyamvada who also favours her made her sit and cazoled. Tell princess Arya, all are waiting.
Arya looked at Panchali with whom she developed a closeness in just two days. Panchali smiled assuringly and Arya started. In the month of Kartik I worshiped Umaparvati with special poojas. I did umamaheswar vrat . On Kartika paurnami I fasted and in the night worshipped Uma in the moonlight. I ate fruits in the night and slept on the floor.During midnight I got a dream I saw Arya Arjun riding on a horse. I don't know who he is. I got worried and it continued for four days. Then I was worried as to why I should get a man in my dream
,I went to my worship room did Puja and with tears confronted Mata . Mata show me a way to get rid of my dream it is not proper for an unmarried maiden to get the dreams of a stranger. I slept in the worship  room and heard Mata's voice . I saw her before me in all her splendour and folded my hands. She said. Arya, he is Arjun the greatest warrior on the earth. He will be your husband still time is there for him to come.You have to do Nanda vrat in the meanwhile.
She disappeared. I told my father of Mata's words and he felt happy. He went to Kampilya for Panchali's marriage but returned with a heavy heart. He said "They did not give any assurance. Now it is up yo you to decide what to do. "
I took a decision and did Nanda vrat .
Rekha asked with wonder. Even I wanted to do that but my brother did not allow. How did you do that?
Arya agreed. It is too difficult. You have to worship Mahadev by making Shivling with Bhasm . Then he should be worshipped  in Aswayuj Maas  on Shashti Ekadasi with rice and gud as offering. In Kartik chaturdasi, Lord should be offered Payasa . In Margasirsh, on Ashtami I offered Tilas and rice. In Pushya  on sukla saptami after Jagaran,pula gam  I offered. In Magha, after Jagaran, on Purnima night, taking bath in the river with wet clothes I worshipped  Shiv and Shakti with milk. In Phalgun and Chaitr I worshipped Siva with moduga flowers. In Vaisakh,Again I worshipped him with tilas. The whole of jyeshth month I did fasting and worshipped him with Bilv Patr.

On Sravan chaturdasi I worshipped him with colourful flowers and offered him lemon rice. In Bhadrapad I took water only as my food and worshipped him by offering all types of fruits. By that one year was completed and we heard that Arya is coming on pilgrimage.

I prayed to Mata and Mahadev to fulfill my wish. Mata answered my prayer in my dream . She said Mahadev graced me with fulfilment . This is the grace of mother that I was given. Arya showed a Haar of Black beeds which she wore round her neck. I made Arya Arjun tie it round my neck...Arya concluded.
Kunti hugged her and blessed. Arya you are a blessing for us. My Phalgun is too fortunate to get you as his wife. Today he will be with you. Be happy and make him happy...