There's no going back!

Start from the beginning

"Where are we going?" She asked, her voice laced with impatience.
I smiled as we neared the cove.

"There!" I said, pointing toward the ocean.

"What are you seriously.. Woah!" Zena shrieked in awe as she saw the wreck that stood on the rocks, slightly rocking left and right as the powerful waves clashed against it.

"Oh my gosh! Is that a.."

"An old ship, duh." I said cutting her off.
"We are going there."

Without waiting for her, I grabbed the bagpack with food and climbed on to a rock.
I took my aim and jumped on to the next one and the next.

Ha! Zena is not gonna make it!

I turned around and my jaw dropped at what I saw.

Zena was neatly jumping from one rock to other. I really did not think that she'd make it.

I mean, any other girl would be too frightened to jump from rock to rock with waves splashing violently beneath you. Surely, my sister would be.

News flash, dude. She's Zena Adams, not just an ordinary girl.
She really is special.

Yeah, for you...

Grrr..

Here I go again.

I was almost at the old ship and with a final jump I was on it.

Zena was hesitating, her eyes measuring the distance from the rock she was on to the ship.

No surprise, she was hesitating.

There was quite a distance between the two.

"Hey, Adams!" I yelled. "You scared?"

Zena looked up and gave me a hard glare.

She took a step backward and leapt.

She landed nicely beside me and gave me a smirk.

"Do you need a shovel to pull up your jaw?" She asked, batting her eye lashes, innocently, referring to my dropped jaw. I at once pulled it up and gave her an unamused look.

We sat on the deck and had a nice picnic.
After that, we just lay flat on our backs and stared up in to the beautiful sky, a peaceful silence engulfing us.

I didn't know what to say and I guess that she did not either. After all, it was a FAKE date.

The mere thought of all this being fake, made my insides twist.

"Let's play twenty questions." Zena suggested out of no where.

"Huh?"

"Come on Dunbar. I don't know anything about you except for the facts that you are my father's business partner's son, my brother's worst enemy, you go to Rosewood college, play basketball and you really are such a jerk." She said.

"Ouch. You wounded me, princess." I said, clutching my heart ever so dramatically.

She rolled her eyes but I caught a slight blush on her cheek.

"But you still are a jerk." She said, matter of factly. "Who cut off my water supply at six in the morning? Who put sneezing powder in my car? Who balanced a water bucket on my front door to fall on me?"

"Touch." I said, grinning.

"So, twenty questions?"

I nodded.

"I'll go first." She said. "What is your favorite color?"

"Warm brown." I replied staring deep in to her beautiful brown eyes. "Yours?"

"Umm.. Black, red and ocean blue." She said, avoiding my gaze.
"My chance! Favorite food?"

"Blueberry pancakes. Yours?"

"Chocolate, chocolate and chocolate, obviously." She said.

I laughed.
"A chocolate lover, I see." I teased making her scowl.

"Anyway, hobby?" She asked.

"Playing basketball, duh. So, who is your best friend?"

"Mia, Isla, Henry, Edward, Emma , Lily all of them are my best friends. But, Henry, Mia and Isla are kinda special. Oh, and Blaze and Jake." Zena said with a genuine smile.

Huh? So old Jake and Blaze managed to get on her good side.

"My chance." Zena announced. "Your crush?"

I shrugged. "I don't have one." I lied perfectly.

"Girlfriend?" She asked again.

"That's two questions, sweet heart." I reminded and she pouted. Damn, she looked really adorable.

"Favorite people apart of friends?" I asked.

Zena smiled.
"Alex is my favorite and then Daniel."

I felt my heart clench as she said that Danny's name.

Gah!

Why him?

"Okay." I said, putting on a fake smile.

The evening was spent in that way and finally we drifted off in to another peaceful silence.

"Adams, I was wondering," I started and turned my face to face her. I was surprised to find her sleeping peacefully.

Seriously?

She was wide awake a minute ago.

I sighed as I lay on my tummy and stared at Zena's sleeping face. Her eyes were shut and her lips were pulled in to a cute pout. A stray strand of her dark brown hair fell on to her face and I gently tucked it behind her ear.

This girl was so perfect. She might have her own flows, but in my vision, she was just...perfect.

I gently bent down and placed a soft kiss on her cheek,savoring the soft touch of her skin against my lips.

There was no going back.

It was done.

I had finally fallen for her.

I had fallen for the queen of hilltop.