Together

A/N

I was wondering to whom I should dedicate this chapter and decided that I better dedicate it to my two friends who were actually the first ones to listen to my stories.

So this is for you guys.

Thank you Dew and Chamo.

🏀🏀🏀

   "Do you know.."

Lysander started, his green eyes tracing the star patterns scattered across the midnight sky.

He was lying on his back on the roof of his car, one of his favorite places to spend the night, his arms crossed behind his head as his girlfriend lay beside him, her cheek resting on his chest, right over his thumping heart, her arm wrapped around his torso, brown waves spread around her.

"Do I know what?"

      Zena questioned, tilting her head and propping up her face on her palm so that she was facing him, warm brown meeting emerald green.

Lysander smiled.

There was something about her eyes that fascinated him.

Sure. They weren't blue or green like his but their mesmerizing brown meant a lot to him.

They resembled the earth. Powerful, strong and also gentle, soft and kind.

And had she ever noticed that there's a tint of gold in those brown eyes? Cause he sure did. And the way her eyes looked, with the sun rays in them, bright and mesmerizing, like sunset.

He could get lost in them.

"Since i was little, I thought I could rule the whole world." Lysander started, a far away look in his eyes. "I thought I could make the world shake on my fingers, as crazy as it sounds."

Zena raised an eyebrow as if to say 'seriously?'

Lysander continued nonetheless, one hand coming to snake around her waist, almost reflexively.

"I never cared about anything much. I did what I want. Got what I want." He said.
"And then, you came along." As he said those words, he angled his face so that he was staring right in to her eyes, his grip around her waist tightened as he pulled her closer to him, his emerald green eyes shone with so much emotions and there was a strange awe and wonder in his voice as he spoke.

He cupped her face with his free hand, gently trailing a finger along her jaw. "You." He breathed out in wonder. "You changed everything."

He tilted her chin up and brushed his hand over her cheek. "You made me realize that I wasn't in control. Heck. I don't even have control over my heart. You," he brought her hand to rest over his heart. "You are the queen of my heart, Zen. You rule my whole world. You aren't just the girl of my dreams. You are my Queen."

Zena blinked back tears, his sincerity was overwhelming. Wordlessly, she leaned in to kiss him but he gently placed a finger on her lips and stopped her.

"Let me finish." He said as she gave him a half hurt half confused look.

"You made me see my faults." Lysander said. "And I wanted to be a better person for you. Sometimes, I realize.." He traced her lower lip, almost brokenly. "I don't deserve you. You deserve more. You deserve.."