Hilltop & Rosewood Vs St. Faiths

"Last five minutes, guys!"

Mia's clear voice rang. I cursed under my breath and shared a look with Edward. I gave him a curt nod and tore after Emma who was dribbling the ball really fast to the goal post.
"GO! GO! Zena, GO!" Mia's excited shouts filled my ears. Seriously, did her mother drop her on her head when she was a baby?

I snatched the ball from Emma, taking her by surprise and started dribbling it. I rushed to our goal, with Henry hot on my heals. That guy may act like a real fool but, when it comes to basketball, he was really good. We all were at the city stadium. Mia had a headache and didn't want to play. It was the day after that damn party. I didn't have much memories from that night but I clearly remembered getting almost raped. I was never gonna drink again! Daniel and others kept apologizing to me before he left but it truly was not their fault. I was ashamed of myself for not being able to defend myself. I had slight memories of Dunbar saving me and Mia and Isla confirmed my suspicions. I really was speechless. He saved me!
So, I decided to go and thank him.

Flashback

    I stepped out of my apartment, stretching myself. I finally got off the damn hang over I had with the effect of yesterday's drinks.
A shiver went down my spine at the remembrance of that night. I wrapped my arms around my body, hugging myself. And that's when I caught sight of Lyzender casually leaning against his car, his hands in his pocket as he seemed to be in a deep thought.

I observed him for a few seconds. His eyes were closed but he didn't have a relaxed expression on his face. Instead, he had a troubled look. His eyebrows were knitted together and there were few lines on his forehead. Even his jaw was slightly clenched.

I took a deep breath and approached him, swallowing up my stupid pride. At the sound of my foot steps, his eyelids flew open, revealing emerald his green  eyes. As his gaze fixed on me, I caught something flash in his eyes but it was gone in a milli second.
He stared at me for a few seconds before fixing his gaze on a far away spot.