Always There

Third Person POV

"This is the last round guys, we have to win this."

Zena's authoritative voice said in determination as her gaze swept over her team mates, her brown eyes glowing with excitement. She placed her hands on her hips and blew at a strand of her dark hair that fell on to her face.

It was the annual basketball match between St. Faiths and Hilltop High. The first round was well played and Hilltop had gained lead. But in the second round, their rivals had won. And Zena was determined to win the final round.

It had been two weeks.

Two weeks since the day she thought she had spotted Gabriel.

Two weeks since she almost had a break down.

Two weeks since she had lied to Lysander.

Everything is fine. She had said, forcing on a smile once Blaze had finally calmed her down. Trust me, Lysander. Everything will be fine. It's just... I thought I saw someone I really hated since young. But it's nothing. Probably my imagination.

Lysander surely didn't buy it, she knew. But he understood that she needed time. So that's what he gave her.

Time.

He didn't press her to say anything. He simply waited.

And she was grateful for that.

But she knew he had been acting strange for the past two weeks. He had been in alert, always being there for her. It was as if he knew she was in danger.

She really loved that guy.

"What's the plan, Queen?" Damon asked, a smirk tugging at his lips.

Zena's lips tilted in a lopsided grin. "Easy." She shrugged. "We win."

Henry snickered.

"Okay, now to the facts." She turned her gaze to Emma. "Em, you take that guy with porcupine hair."

Emma smirked and nodded. "Gladly."

"And Henry, that bulky one is yours. He might be strong but not so speed. So, yeah. You'd be perfect for the job." Zena said with a nod.

Henry punched the air with a grin. "Heck yeah!"

"And Mia," Zena started but the curly haired girl cut her short.

"I will take that one with a huge nose." Mia said with a grim chuckle. "He owe me a finger nail." At the others' confused looks, she added. "He broke my nail when he tripped me."

"Urghh... Okay... That is settled." Zena said. "And Damon.."

"That Jonathon Thompson is mine." Damon jumped in, making the well known queen frown.

"Nuh uh. I will take care of him." Zena said, sternly. "You can take that one with red hair."

Damon nodded, knowing better than to argue with her.

"Okay, that's it, everyone." Zena announced, clapping her hands together. "We do this, we win this. Let's show them who we are."

The five cheered, the loud cheers of the spectators joining them, echoing through out the stadium.