Who is that damn girl?

"I accept your challenge!"

I smirked as he accepted my challenge. He didn't know me. He didn't know my strengths. He didn't know what I  could do. I knew he was going to loose and I was so determined to pay him back for what he did.
Lyzender Dunbar...

He had not changed much since I last saw him.

He had grown taller and broader at his shoulders but his green eyes were the same. His smirk was also not changed. But he had grown even more handsome.
Wait! I didn't say that , OK?

Oh, how I hate that arrogant bastard! The hateful jerk.

Earlier Mia whispered to me that he was a new student in Rosewood High.
So, he had changed his schools. I even recognized two of the four guys who were standing behind him.

Ethan Daniels and Jake Miller. All three of them had changed their school and entered Rosewood High in our city.

Of all the cities in the whole country, they came here!

Oh! Why?

Maybe this could be my chance, my only chance, to pay him back for what he did. Ha! He was gonna pay.

I heard footsteps behind me. Emma and Lily came running.

"What's going on?" Asked Emma, sounding breathless. "The air around here is a bit tensed."

We are gonna have a little game." I said, with a smirk.
Emma's gaze shifted between me and Mr. Asshole for a few seconds and then she too smirked. I knew she liked challenges. Mostly, against boys, she liked to beat them and watch their manly egos crumble. Her words, not mine!

"So, let's beat some idiots!" Said Emma, rubbing her hands in glee.

*****

I moved toward the goal post as fast as I could.

Actually, I ran, dribbling the ball alongside with me.
I was meters away from it when Ethan blocked me.
I turned around but was blocked by Jake.

I hugged the ball to my chest and turned, searching for Emma. Emma was blocked and so was Isla and Mia.
I saw that Lily was free and flung the ball at her. She was about to catch it when a pair of arms grabbed the ball.

What the heck?

My inner self screamed as I saw who it was.
Lyzender Dunbar!

He swished toward his goal, dribbling the ball. I ran after him. There's no way I was gonna let that asshole win! I gestured at Isla and Mia to block him. Our marks were 4 to 4. So, I couldn't possibly let them score another goal.

Lyzender's POV

I was hurrying toward the goal post but stopped at once when the brown haired girl and the pale haired girl blocked me.

They raised their hands up and blocked me completely. I took a step backward, my eyes searching for a free player of my team. I immediately caught sight of Max .

The dark head was busy blocking Ethan and didn't even saw that Max was free.

I threw the ball at Max, smirking as I imagined that girl's crumbled face when we won. I have to admit that she was really good at basketball. Far better than i thought. And then something unexpected happened.

The dark head flung herself between Max and the ball and caught it. It was a sudden move and it happened in an eye blink.

Before any of us could react, she threw the ball to their goal post.

It was a wild throw and I found myself, watching with wide eyes and a dropped jaw.

"GOAL.....!"

Shrieked the brown haired girl.

"GOAL! We won ! Five to four, we are the winners!"
I groaned.

How did it happen?  How in the- My thoughts were cut off when something hit me hard on my face.

It was so unexpected, that I lost my balance and landed on my back.
I raised my head and looked around.
I caught sight of the damn basketball, rolling away from me and I groaned in pain as I felt something warm near my nose.

Shit! I was bleeding. I tried to get on my feet but stopped when the dark head approached me and crouched on the ground in front of me.

"Well, it seems like we have won, haven't we?" She asked in a mocking tone.

I glared at her. She lowered her head and whispered.

"Does this seems familiar?" she said.

"After a competitive match, the leader of the opponent team gets hurt. Hmmmmmmm .. It seems to have happened before." She smirked at my puzzled face and stood up.

I was shocked.

Was she talking about the incident of the leader of Hickling Green's team?

She turned around to face my team and raised her voice.

"Let this be a lesson to you." she said,  her voice echoing in the dead silence of tge stadium, a warning tone in it.

"I won't bear any nonsense grom any of you. As we have won, there should be no trouble for us when we play here. And of course even you can play when we are not here. " she then walked away, tossing her dark hair over her shoulder  and Ethan rushed to my aid.

I scrambled on to my feet and then heard her voice again.

"My last warning, you should never mess with the Queen , butterfingers." She said, a smirk playing on her lips  and then walked out of the stadium with the other girls.

Butterfingers..... That name was given to me by my old rivals. How did that bitch learnt it?

And most importantly, who is that damn girl?