Chapter 11: The Dinner

Enjoy!!

The next day, Chat Noir landed on Marinette's balcony. "Are you ready?" Marinette asked as he de-transformed. "As I'll ever be," Adrien breathed as she straightened his tie. "Let's go," their hands intertwined.

Marinette felt her palms sweat; she hoped her parents would approve of Adrien. They knew he was a good kid, everyone did, but there were still many doubts in her mind.

Adrien was a bit nervous as well, but he tried to stay strong for both of them. Her parents were already seated at the table, patiently awaiting them both. "Okay," Adrien breathed at the top of the stairwell.

"It's going to be fine," Marinette tightened her grip on Adrien's hand. They both walked down the stairs, everyone's head spinning towards the couple. "Maman, Papa," Marinette acknowledged them.

"This is Adrien, you've met before. He is the father of my baby," Marinette spoke, a small quiver in her voice. "Wow, I must say this is a surprise," her mom said, causing Adrien to bite his lip.

"So you knocked up my-" "Papa!" Marinette interrupted, knowing there was no good way to end the sentence. "I...I apologize for that, sir," Adrien said sadly. "The akuma hadn't hit me, none of this wouldn't have happened," Adrien sighed.

"I'm sorry,"

Adrien held his breath, waiting for a response. "It's alright, Adrien," Marinette's mom spoke first. "You can not change the past, but you can change the future. Make sure you are there for my daughter," her mom smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng," Adrien smiled widely.

"And I will," Adrien lifted their held hands, pecking hers with his lips. Marinette smiled as her Dad sighed. "Come help me set the table, son," Her father said as Adrien left to go help him. "I'm sure your father will learn to expect Adrien," her mother smiled.

"I hope so," Marinette breathed. "We still haven't got a chance to tell his father, and I know he will not be understanding," Marinette rubbed her temples. "We'll always be here to support you both," Her mom smiled as Marinette hugged her.

"Thanks, mom,"

***

"So, Adrien, Marinette tells me you're a model," Tom speaks as Adrien perks his head up. "Yes, yes I am. I model for my father's brand," Adrien explained. "You must be very busy, I presume. Must have no time for helping anyone," Tom spoke as her mom elbowed him.

"I will blow off anything if Marinette needs my help," Adrien said as Marinette tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "That's nice to hear," her mom said, smiling widely. He did know that it would take a bit of time to get Tom to trust him, but he was okay with that.

"Yeah," Adrien searched his brain for a conversation topic. "Marinette's designs are amazing, my father likes them a lot. I'm sure one day I could convince him to mentor you," Adrien said as Marinette nodded quickly.

"That would be great," Marinette looked at her plate. "Is something wrong?" Adrien asked. "Do you think your father will be okay with me being... you know," Marinette said as Adrien sighed. "I...I don't think he will be understanding at first," Adrien admits.

"But he will warm up," Adrien sadly smiled. "I hope so," Marinette still seemed unsure. "Here, I'll take the dishes," Adrien stood up, taking everyone's plate. "Thank you, young man," Tom handed his plate to Adrien.

"He is a very nice boy," Tom commented to Marinette. "Yeah, Adrien is," Marinette replied. "I think we're going to have to tell Gabriel tomorrow," Marinette sighed standing up.

"Marinette, are you sure?" Tom had a worried expression on his face. "And we have to tell our class at school tomorrow," Marinette stroked her stomach.

"I've known most of them since I was a freshman, they should be nice," Marinette spoke with uncertainty. "What are we talking about," Adrien helped Marinette up, even though she didn't need it.

"We're telling your father about the baby tomorrow," Marinette spoke as he froze. "I can come too," Tom interjected. "No, I think this is something me and Marinette need to do," Adrien stole the words out of Marinette's mouth.

"Okay, after school, I'll take you there," Adrien seemed a bit scared. "It's going to be fine," Marinette whispered. "We're going to go upstairs, on the balcony," Marinette practically dragged Adrien out of the room.

"See you, son," Tom waved as he waved back. "What's the rush," Adrien straightened his shirt. "Let's go on the balcony," Marinette climbed up her latter, making Adrien very worried. "I'm fine," she said as she sat on one of the chairs.

"The view is nice," Adrien commented, the wind messing up his hair. Marinette stroked her stomach, not commenting at all. "Are you okay, princess?" Adrien asked, sitting closer to her. "Do you think your father will react that badly?" she asked, emphasizing 'that'.

Adrien sighed. "You need to stop worrying," Adrien chuckled straight after, putting his hand on her shoulders. "I will be there, and I will tell him, so if he does go nuts, he'll take it out on me," Adrien said as Marinette looked away.

"How is that much better?" Marinette leaned on his shoulder. Adrien sighed. "I can't promise you a good reaction, but I can promise that no matter what he says, it won't change the fact that I love you and will be there for when Hugo comes," Adrien said, getting a peck on the lips from Mari.

"Thanks, kitty," she smiled as he rubbed the back of his head. "Now," he stood up, transforming. Marinette also transformed. "Patrol time, kitty?" Ladybug didn't know why Chat was looking at her outfit. "What the hell!" Ladybug stared at her new attire.

"You too!" Ladybug commented as Chat looked down. Chat had large cat ears, as well as bright green strips of color on his black leather suit. The cat bell goes a bit deeper than before, a brighter glisten on it than before.

Ladybug was wearing a bodysuit, completely hiding her baby bump. "Oh my gosh!" she de-transformed immediately, gaining it back. "Tikki? What was that!?" Marinette asked, catching the kwami in her hands.

"You're now the guardian, and they get special powers. You can hide your pregnancy with the new upgraded powers of the miraculous!" Tikki explained, making Marinette exhale.

"What about Chat?" Marinette asked. "He gets it once the baby is born, he will have a diaper bag and baby bottle added to his suit!" Tikki exclaimed, swirling around Chat.

"Here Tikki," she gave her kwami a macaron. "Spots on!" Marinette turned into Ladybug. "I feel so energized!" Ladybug whirled her yo-yo in circles. "Race to the Eiffel Tower?" Chat said as Ladybug lept of the balcony.

"Always,"

Sorry for the late update!

I last track of time ._.

BUT ANYWAY! I hope you enjoyed, and if you did, please leave a vote ^w^

Stay tuned ;)