Chapter 5: Surprised

Alya opened her trap door as Marinette was occupying the bathroom. When she walked out, she looked pleasantly surprised. "I didn't feel as sick as yesterday," Marinette smiled, Tikki holding her towel.

Alya smiled. "That's great, Marinette," she responded. "Marinette," Alya started. "You should really tell you parents; you've been pregnant for almost a month now," she continued.

"You need to have your ultrasound appointment," she added. Marinette sat down running her hands through her hair. "How do I even tell them?" Marinette sighed. "Hey mom and dad, I got akumatized and did it with Chat Noir, and now I'm having his baby," Marinette joked.

Alya chuckled. "You don't have to tell them about Chat Noir, just say it straight," Alya extended her arms in a straight line. Marinette sighed. "Okay, how about," she paused.

"Mom and Dad, something happened during an Akuma, and I feel it is fair to tell you. I am pregnant, and I'm not sure if the father is going to be much help. We are very happy right now, and I do hope you support me. Since, I am in a very good place with this child, and it would be great if you were as well,"

Marinette breathed as Alya smiled. "That was great!" Alya exclaimed making Marinette smile. "Okay," she smiled. "I'll do it later-" "No, right now," Alya put her hands on her shoulders. "What?" Marinette responded.

"If you do it now, that means that you can get it over with," Alya pointed out as Marinette sighed. "I-" "Don't think. Just do," she opened up the trap door for her. Marinette groaned and climbed down the later going into the bakery.

"Hello, darling," Her mother just finished up with a customer. "Here, try this," her Dad said giving her a macaron. "Wow, delicious," Marinette said as Alya nudged her shoulder. "Well, uhm yes. What I came here to tell you..." Marinette rubbed her shoulder, forgetting her script.

"As you both know, there was an Akuma that hit me. During this akuma, I had my first time. And, I started to feel sick and showed many signs of being pregnant. I only thought it would be fair to tell you now, and I don't think that father will be much help," Marinette closed her eyes.

"I'm pregnant,"

Her mom was frozen as he Dad's eyes widened. "Y-Your pregnant?" He stammered. Marinette nodded. "Yes. And I'm in a very good place with the baby," Marinette rubbed her stomach.

"I'm very happy," she added. "Why wouldn't you be," he said in disbelief. Marinette glanced over to her mother. "Mom?" she asked. She breathed. "It's a lot to process," she sincerely smiled. "A baby," she breathed.

She opened her arms. "Unbelievable," she said as Marinette hugged her. Her father joined in as Alya gave her a wink, knowing this would happen. Marinette felt so relieved that her parents were on board.

"How far along are you?" she questioned. "About 3 weeks," she responded. "You're going to have your first ultrasound," her mom smiled. "I schedule the appointment," her mother ran off.

"Who is the father?" her Dad questioned. Marinette bit her lip. "If it's okay Papa, can I tell you once I tell him?" Marinette smiled nervously. "It's your choice my darling," he responded, a bit disappointed.

Alya hugged her friend. "I told you everything would be fine!" she exclaimed. She hugged her friend back. "Thanks, Alya,"

***

It was later on in the night. Chat Noir had knocked on her window, and Marinette opened her trap door. "Hey, Chat," she greeted as he lept in. "Hey, princess," he smelled some macarons on her desk.

She stopped him. "Chat, I have something to tell you," he turned around to face her. "What is it?" he smiled, eager. "I-" she felt like throwing up. "T-The macarons are not passionfruit!" she exclaimed, sweat forming.

He laughed. "That's okay, I'm sure they're still great," he bit into one. "And I was right," he smiled. Marinette sighed and smiled tirelessly. "Yeah," she bit into one herself. "I was hoping tonight, I could take you somewhere," he extended his hand.

"I-I" she smiled. "Sure," she responded, and he picked her up. "Hold on tight, okay?" he leaped off the balcony. She had seen every thing he showed her as Ladybug, but one thing stood out.

"Over here," he gestured for her to come over. She knelt beside him, as he peaked from under the flag. They were on top of the mayor's hotel, and the night sky faded into dawn. "Wow," she said, he eyes glistening.

"I knew you'd get it," he smiled. "Ladybug would just say it's a normal sunrise," he laughed. "Maybe she's right," he mumbled. "But I think it looks just like her; beautiful and red," he chuckled as Marinette giggled.

"I'm sure she'd love it,"

Chat Noir smiled, looking at the time on his baton. "I have to take you home," he picked her up. He then proceeded through the city, until he landed on her balcony.

"Thanks Chaton," she smiled. He chuckled. "It's no problem, I hope you enjoyed your night," he responded, rubbing the back of his head.

She kissed his cheek.

Her face took on a deep red hue. "M-Marinette," he blushed a deep red. The colour softened as he sweetly smiled. "Heh," he chuckled. "Thanks for that too,"

She smiled. "No problem," she said nervously. "I hope to see you soon, princess," he leaped off as Marinette waved. "Trust me," she whispered.

"You will be seeing much more of me,"

Thank you for reading! Stay tuned!