30|| Officially Over

"Ryan, is everything okay there?" I hear Alexander ask

"Ryan, is everything okay there?" I hear Alexander ask. He may not be showing it but I can tell that he's worried about his friends. This was all his plan, after all, and I know that he wouldn't forgive himself if something goes wrong. Last time we failed the mission, I thought he was about to go crazy and destroy the world because of his infuriation.

"Yes, we're good. No one is here yet," Ryan responds. I see his tense physique relax on impulse.

I continue looking out of the window to make sure that there is no one outside waiting to attack the moment we leave the apartment complex.

"The coast is clear. I think we can leave now before they figure it out and come back," I mumble once I am certain that there's no one.

"Ryan, you can deactivate the tracker now. And move. Fast," Alexander calls through the earpiece as soon as we step out of the apartment building.

"Where do we go now?" I ask as we continue to move without a specific destination in mind. It doesn't take a genius to figure that CYP will figure out our ploy in no time and start heading here.

"Delilah is going to drive here now."

"Do you think they caught on to what's happening?" I question, unable to believe that it was that easy.

Alexander shrugs as he continues turning his head from left to right to make sure we're not being followed.

"Update," comes Ryan's voice, "there's a car following closely behind us. I already deactivated Yazan's tracker but I think they suspect it's us."

Well, shit. I look at Alexander and wait for what he's going to say.

"They will be back here in no time. Still come," he instructs after a moment of deliberation. I trust that he knows what's best for us.

"Roger that," Ryan responds. I can hear Yazan from the distance cooing about how he feels like he's in an action movie.

"Yazan," Alexander cuts in.

"Yes, my love?" he answers, eager to hear someone refer to him through the earpiece for the first time.

"Focus on the mission on hand."