23|| Time Is Running

Alexander

Alexander

Our action is halted as soon as we hear these words. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath before I push the researcher out.

Dr Collins looks back at me in fear and I mouth "Yazan," to her. She understands that she has to look for him and immediately shoots off in a run.

I turn around and look at the guards surrounding me who look like they are questioning whether to run after her or keep on encaging me. The person who spoke earlier motions for them to stay. Of course he does. The confidential papers are still with me and he can't risk me running off with them for a mere researcher.

The same researcher that they couldn't get rid of last year. But I know it's different now. Last year, they gave her a chance because she was their best researcher and they couldn't do anything without her. They kept her to let her pass her skills to the other researchers and perhaps come up with even better inventions that would help them out. However, what's the point in having researchers if their reputation is tarnished? Not to mention that this is the second time she betrays them. They won't give her a second chance after today.

I also know that they are not the most forgiving. They might have spared her once but there's no way they're going to spare her another time.

"You are outnumbered," the man taunts.

"Am I?" I smirk. "I have someone else with me right now who is capable of doing so much damage that you'll regret ever crossing me. In fact, give me one reason not to let him bomb down this place."

I can see the man's confident smirk start to quiver.

"And how am I supposed to trust your words?"

I face towards the security camera and raise my hand up to signal him to take control.

I was not expecting us to come out without anyone catching on. It's wishful thinking, really, to believe that a mission like this could be so easy. That's why I had to bring my other friends who are very experienced in this field with me.