11|| Too Weird

I don't know if I should ask them what's wrong or not

I don't know if I should ask them what's wrong or not. Something about the mood tells me that it would be better not to open my mouth right now. I sit down on the sofa and do absolutely nothing while the suffocating silence engulfs us.

"So Alexander, where did you learn to cook?"

He diverts his attention from the television screen to me. I can feel his tightened muscles starting to loosen up which makes me almost release a relieved sigh.

"You only saw me make breakfast so who's to say that I can cook other things?" he responds mockingly. Yazan scoffs from beside me.

"Bullshit," he mutters under his breath. "He's actually capable of cooking anything. When we were still in CYP, cooking was one of the classes they taught us all in case someone especially asked for a good cook. I always saw how the teachers were so mesmerized by his skills that they ended up giving everyone a piece to inspire them. In fact, I would like to have some of his infamous lasagna today," he says as he smiles up innocently at Alexander who looks annoyed.

"Do we even have all the ingredients required for it?"

I shrug.

"Depends on whether you did any grocery shopping recently."

He rolls his eyes before he spreads his palm out.

I look at his palm in confusion before I raise my head to meet his eyes. Eye contact. Something I have been able to maintain a little bit better than before recently.

"I need money."

Of course he does. I know that Michael left me enough money to last me a long, long time but I still don't trust that Alexander wont only spend them on food.

He sees my hesitation and rolls his eyes.

"Unlike you, I'm penniless."

"Then get a job."

"That is something I choose to worry about after I reach my goals."

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Fine, no lasagna for poor Yazan then," he affirms as he raises his arms up in exasperation.