15|| Something Else

We approach the table Yazan is leaning over and look down at the papers he found

"What are they?"

"Your adoptive father was a detective, right?" Yazan asks.

"Yes, Michael Emerson was one of the best detectives in town," I force out. I am not very fond of his job title now that he lost his life because of it.

"Look at this," he proposes before he gives me a folder. Alexander furrows his eyebrows before leaning over my shoulder to look at it.

I gape at the folder in shock and Alexander seems to have some gears already starting to run in his brain at our new discovery.

A folder all about CYP.

"You think he knew about their inhumane system?" Alexander mutters.

"I wouldn't put it past him," I whisper as I start going through the papers in the folder.

"They're thinking of launching the company for profit next year?" I question as I read the content inside.

"Next year already?" Alexander mutters to himself. I look at him in confusion.

"You knew that?"

"All I knew was that they were going to give away those 10 Persons per year for three consecutive years to sustain their image before they start targeting profit."

"No wonder they didn't ask me to pay for anything. But how do they manage their funds if they don't have the money?"

"The business world is all about taking risks. The founder of the place is already rich and he used some of his own pocket money to start up the company but they're also backed up by the government and charity funds which they hold every year."

"People donate to them?" I call in surprise.

"Yes, they think it's for a good cause," Yazan mumbles from where he stands. He has his head down as he looks at the other papers he found.

"Anything else that could be useful?" Alexander asks.

"I'm still looking," he responds.

"Does the government know about what takes place inside CYP?"