13|| Programming System

"There's a lot you have yet to tell me," I remind Alexander as I pull him with me inside the apartment then lock the door

"We're home!" I call out to inform Yazan who wastes no time in leaving Alexander's room and limping towards us.

"What are you doing- you're not supposed to be walking," I say as both Alexander and I run to aid him. Yazan pretends he doesn't hear us as he spreads his arms over the two of us.

"I love you, my parents," he declares dramatically and we sit him in the middle of the sofa before rolling our eyes.

"You even roll your eyes at the same time!" he exclaims.

We both sigh in humorous irritation.

"You ev-"

"We get it," Alexander shuts him up with a glare. Yazan just smiles cheekily. We then each take a spot beside Yazan and I wait for him to speak.

"By the way," Yazan starts, "I think your sofa is the worst thing I've ever sat on. It's like you're sitting on a brick."

Alexander ruffles his hair.

"Yeah, you're not the one who's been sleeping on it for the past few days," he grumbles. Yazan cackles.

"I'm sorry."

"Clearly," Alexander huffs in response. I watch them quarrel in amusement.

"I'm still here, you know."

"Unfortunately," I hear Alexander mumble under his breath and I let out an offended gasp and assure for Yazan to smack him for me—which he does.

"This is my house you're living in."

He shrugs.

"You're pretty demanding," he comments and I can't help but notice the amused glint in his eyes. I flippantly roll my eyes.

"I know what you're doing. You're passing time so that you don't have to explain anything to me," I narrow my eyes at him.

"I can always be the one to tell you-"