12|| Robotic

It is still not hitting me yet

It is still not hitting me yet. Sure, I do know that there are others out there who did sign up for the CYP program but it is still pretty wild for me that there exists someone else in the same situation as me within our school grounds. Alexander himself is still in shock. More than just shock- he also seems to be disheartened.

"Are you okay?" I ask him which he silently responds to with a nod.

"Could've been worse."

"Should we meet up with her? You know-  to get to learn about her and her Person. Who knows, she might have some knowledge about the 'defective' people like you," I tell him, trying not to come off as rude.

"The thing is.. he doesn't look defective to me. He seems..." he pauses from the loss of words. Alexander not knowing what to say? Now that's a first.

I remain silent at how guilty he looks. I don't know why but all of a sudden, I feel the urge to say something and the words escape my lips before I could even comprehend them.

"It is not your fault."

He looks at me in astonishment before he shakes his head and his lips perk up a bit on one side.

"You might want to get back there. I can see that your friends are already panicking because of the way you suddenly walked out without saying anything. Not to mention the worried look on your face was hard to miss."

"Oh, I forgot. Wait, you noticed that I was following you?" I ask him.

"Everyone saw that except for her," he says as he points at the person we followed.

I look at her to see that she is getting off her phone and is already heading back towards the cafeteria. Something in me tells me that I should take this chance and ask her to meet up. I gather all my emotional and physical strength and go for it- forgetting momentarily that I am that same self-conscious girl I was yesterday. Alexander adds to my confidence when he suddenly pats my shoulder and gives me a look which says 'it's going to be okay'.

I force the words out before I cower away in fear the moment she is close to us.

"Excuse me, may I have a minute of your time?"