03|| What Was That?

The receptionist was true to her words when she said that it wouldn't take much time for her to register Alexander in Kingston High

The receptionist was true to her words when she said that it wouldn't take much time for her to register Alexander in Kingston High. The following morning, I am rudely awakened from my deep slumber when my phone goes off and CYP's contact ID flashes across the screen. I groggily pick up the phone and she informs me that everything is resolved and Alexander can go to school with me starting today.

Fast forward to now, where I'm enjoying my glorious breakfast which consists of the typical cereal only to be thrown off at the sight of Alexander enjoying a full out American breakfast consisting of eggs and bacon which I'm completely envious of.

"Seems like you worked hard on your breakfast," he mocks.

"Had I known that you'd be such a professional chef, I would have let you do the honors of feeding me," I comment back to which he guffaws.

"Depends on the payment you'd offer me."

"I didn't sign up for that," I respond in offense.

He shrugs.

"You're the one who suggested me making you breakfast."

"I never said that," I start, "I'm perfectly fine with my scrumptious cereal," I utter as I carry my now empty bowl and put it in the sink before going to my room and getting in my school uniform.

The pleasant walk out of my room is cut short when I catch sight of the one and only Alexander still clad in his pajamas.

I raise a questioning brow.

"May I know what you are waiting for?"

He nods.

"You."

"Why are you waiting for me?" I question.

"Aren't we supposed to go to school together?" he innocently asks.

I almost let out a horrified gasp. "I thought you were supposed to be smart."

He furrows his eyebrows which makes him look like an innocent baby who doesn't understand why he was born. "Excuse me, am I imagining things or are you insulting me?"