29|| Precautions

Yazan rubs his neck where the tracking chip is placed

Yazan rubs his neck where the tracking chip is placed. Apparently, when Alexander found him and brought him over, he wasn't the only one on the mission to CYP. Ryan and Delilah went with him. Ryan immediately deactivated the tracking chip as soon as they came out of the place and has been blocking CYP's access to them ever since then.

"Why didn't you remove it instead of just deactivating it anyway?" he grumbles. "You wouldn't have thought to use me as trap had you actually done that."

"Would you have liked to be in pain in more places that just your leg?" Alexander deadpans and Yazan just gulps and shakes his head.

"Thought so."

"What about her?" Yazan points at Dr Collins. "She had a tracker on her too since they didn't trust her. Ryan deactivated it as soon as she walked into the Jeep."

Dr Collins shrugs.

"I am needed in the office," she pipes teasingly. I can see her send a mischievous wink to Yazan who groans in return.

"You all are willing to let me die for.. for a USB?" he complains. Alexander's shoulders heave as he sends a glare to his best friend.

"You are not dying. By the time they reach you, we will hopefully be done with what we need to do," he answers gently in order to calm Yazan's nerves.

"Well, I think I'm willing to handle the pain as you take it out and leave the tracker to lure them by itself. I think it can handle life without being attached to a human," he tries.

"No, they monitor all the internal human body stats," Ryan says as his fingers continue to hover over his keyboard.

"We are outnumbered anyway. If we're not caught, you are," Yazan expresses. I can see Alexander starting to tense up and feel bad for forcing his friend to do this.

"Maybe we can take the tracker out and put it on me instead?" he suggests. I knew he'd crack under the pressure and say something like this. Alexander.. so selfless and I can't believe I'm saying this but he's very likable too.