7|| I Can Manage

Finally, it's the morning

Finally, it's the morning. The past few hours were spent with me thinking about what I encountered a couple of hours before. Turns out the sweet talker Alexander isn't as sweet as we all thought he was.

I am still shocked. That expression he had on his face was something I am not used to. After all, the only person I ever got along with was Michael Emerson; my adoptive father who was an easygoing person- never showing his weakness and always having a big smile plastered on his face.

I thought I was getting along with Alexander but turns out I was completely fooled. He didn't trust me as much as I hoped he would but who can blame him since it seems like his life wasn't the brightest.

Our journey to school is filled with silence. Alexander doesn't even bother to send me a glance nor to start a conversation. It all ends when we reach the school entrance. As soon as we walk in, Alexander turns back to his so-called sweet self and begins to talk.

"How have you been? You don't seem like you slept well," he laughs.

"I wonder why," I roll my eyes at him. I know exactly what his ploy is. We have to act normal so that the other students don't suspect there's anything wrong.

But there is. Everything is wrong, and I have to pretend like I'm not shaken up from yesterday.

Time passes so fast that it's now time for lunch break. Like usual, I am seated right next to Alexander and his friends. This time, Alexander gives me my own tray of food which I refuse to have but him being him once again shoves the entire tray into my hands.

"I told you I am not hungry!"

He sends me a glare which shuts me up immediately and I telepathically declare my defeat. It looks like the past few times this happened, he forced himself to tolerate my every nonsense but now that I know his real side, he isn't going to be patient with me anymore.

While eating, Alexander is holding a conversation with his best buddies Milo and David-who wasn't present during lunch in the past few days that we had lunch together- while I am forced into conversing with Cassie and Keira. Not that I mind though since they both are the epitome of kind and seem to be very understanding of my hesitance.