21|| Got It

"Why are her eyes so swollen?" Yazan asks in terror as soon as he sees me after we walk into the apartment

Alexander eyes me from the side and I nod.

"Because she was crying," he thinks he explains.

Yazan narrows his eyes at him.

"I'm not stupid, I can see that. Why was she crying?"

"Because she felt like it," he responds. They keep going back and forth that I almost burst out laughing at their banter.

"Why are you being like this?" Yazan complains as Alexander gives him a soft punch on his shoulder.

"Don't think I forgot about the phone call you gave me in the morning."

Yazan rubs the nape of his neck and a nice smile spreads over his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he tries.

"What did he say, anyway?" I manage to croak out.

"Nothing, really. I was only informing him of the dangers of waking up to no breakfast ready."

Alexander rolls his eyes.

"I'm not your personal chef. Learn to make your own breakfast. Even she knows to prepare her own cereal and eat it," Alexander says as he thrusts his thumb at me. I narrow my eyes at him in offense.

"What do you mean even she? Why are you saying it as if- as if I'm a lost cause or something!" I throw my hands up in exasperation.

He shrugs.

"Because you are."

I glare at him and he smirks in return before I remember.

"But speaking of phones, I wanted to ask this earlier but didn't find the proper time to. Where did you get your phone from? And when? I don't remember buying one for you and I know CYP wouldn't provide you with one," I ask Alexander curiously while pointing at his phone.

"It was given to me by Larissa before I left the facility. She snuck it into my pocket as she was preparing me. She said it'd be easier for me to fit in since no teenager my age doesn't own a phone."