19|| Long Time No See

"But I don't get why you didn't tell me about the plan as soon as I got Alexander," I ponder feeling more curious than ever

Mrs Martin quietens down as she thinks it over. She does not seem to be thinking of a lie to tell us in order to shut me up- she mainly looks like she is trying to phrase her words in order to make it easier for us to understand.

"Larissa and I weren't sure whether the person you would get would be Alexander or even his friend. It was a matter of life or death. Us telling you or not could have put you in danger. There was a slight chance of you getting an actual defective person that isn't Alexander which would've been extremely dangerous. Moreover, if you started to depend on him and trusting him, it could end up with you getting betrayed so we decided to leave it to you. It was your judgement whether he's good or not. Luck was on our side and you got Alexander."

"Alexander himself could have been not what you expected him to be," I add.

"Precisely, although Larissa did depend on him for some reason. She knew that he wouldn't hurt you."

"I see. That makes sense. I always knew that Larissa sided with me," Alexander says. "but why was I not informed of the plan? I would've helped as much as I could have behind the scenes. I know that I wouldn't hurt an innocent human but imagine if Valentina dialed up CYP and ended up ruining my plans?"

She shakes her head. "It would've been dangerous for you too. The company has many ears from the inside and from the outside. Telling you would risk us getting caught. Besides, you don't look like you're capable of hurting a bug so how would you hurt Valentina?" she winks humorously. "I'm certainly glad that Larissa had a hand in getting you chosen, though. It is truly a blessing!"

"Yeah, things ended up going our way after all," I say.  Mrs Martin starts asking about my mental state and I am forced to answer her. However, I am soon saved when Alexander's phone starts to ring.

He sighs before he excuses himself and leaves to pick up his phone. Wait. Since when does he even have a phone?

Not too long after, he comes back with a displeased look on his face.