The Other Woman: the one where harry cheats (i)

Summary: Harry and Y/N are both famous, he cheats and the media has a field day
Warnings: angst, the usual
Word count: 3.8k
Based on: harry cheats on the reader and there both famous and media plays a big part in the whole cheating scandal
___

Harry and Y/N were both singers. They were both blessed with wonderful voices, both were successful in their field, and of course– they were famous. It was her and Harry against the world, especially since their level of fame made it hard for anyone else not in the business to keep up with their busy schedules. Harry's first solo world tour since One Direction coincided with Y/N's fourth solo tour. I guess you could say that she upped him in that area. But anyways, Harry had the brilliant idea to make sure that they were staying at each city two days at a time to make sure that they'll spend the max amount of time together. Sometimes Y/N would perform the first night while Harry watched and vice versa. It kept them close to each other.

Harry's second world tour was what caused probably the bumpiest moment in their relationship. While Y/N stayed at their home, driving a half-hour route to and fro the studio writing her tracks for her new album that will be released soon, Harry was off in Europe touring proudly. And it was great, she was thrilled for him and he was doing what he loved the most with the utmost passion. Until he forgot to text and call her, breaking their pact of checking in on each other at least once a day.

It started off simple, really. It only took one day for him to break the streak. Y/N had sent in a 'goodnight' text to which he would've probably said 'good morning' due to the time differences, but after hours of not getting a reply back, Y/N felt uneasy. It wasn't because she didn't trust him, but rather she was worried if anything serious had happened to him and knowing that she couldn't be by his side in an instant made her agitated. She put it off to the back of her mind because even though it was highly unlikely for Harry to miss a day, it can happen to anyone. Maybe something unexpected change in his schedule, she thought.

The next time it happened their video call got cut short. Usually, it would be the internet connection cracking their voices, making it unable for either of them to decipher each others' words, but this time was different. While Y/N was ranting on about an intern accidentally spilling coffee on the soundboard, Harry would only nod along and respond during the appropriate moments. Y/N could tell that his attention wasn't focused on her since he kept looking at something behind his laptop, but she was too busy trying to get every detail in the story correct. Her eyes would watch his face through the screen, seeing his hazy eyes eyeing something behind the screen. She wished that Harry would have decided to pay attention to her because she didn't have an ounce in her body to question him over something so silly. But when he said "mhm" at an unusual spot in her sentence, Y/N couldn't help it anymore.

"Okay Harry, what's going on? Is there something more interesting going on behind the laptop?" she jokes slightly, more curious if anything.

"W-wha-? Nothing, nothing love" He shifts his eyes to her figure on the screen of his computer. "Continue what you were saying,"

Y/N picked up her story from where she left off, glad that she finally had Harry's attention back on her. When her eyes caught his figure on the screen again, she couldn't help but let her voice waver. It was obvious that he wasn't interested in her story so she decided to ask about his day.

He blinks twice before clearing his throat, looking discombobulated from a simple question.

"It was f-fine. How's yours?" He gulped thickly.

"It was good the usual. I went grocery shopp-," she paused when he interrupted her.

"Oh wow"