One of My Own (2)

UNEDITED
_____
"I don't know it's just ... weird" Y/N stated to her friend, Lucy.

"What's weird again?"

Harry and Daniela had been spending a ton of time together ever since she got back. At first, Y/N was glad that they found each other pleasant. Even though worries filled her mind because of her sister's actions, her trust in Harry couldn't be swayed and she eventually overcame the insecurity that bubbled up inside her from the previous years. constantly

"They've been spending a lot of time together,"

"Isn't that good?" Lucy responded, raising an eyebrow at her.

It would've been good, if they told her directly or a couple days before they actually hung out. Just this morning, she awoke Harry fresh out of the shower with a towel wrapped lowly across his waist. His tan skin was drizzled with droplets of water and his hair was shaggy from the shampoo and conditioner. Her groggy voice projected as much as she could in the early hours of the morning to ask where he was headed off to. It was a Saturday and both of them happened to have a day off on that week. She planned to have a lazy day with him with their limbs entangled and a blanket draped over their bodies while they snuggled.

"Gonna go out with Dani to see this band at Chance," He said as he opened the top drawer to pull out a pair of boxer briefs.

Y/N we instantly alarmed at the mention of her sister's name. Chance was a café that Y/N found out about while scrolling through Instagram tags near her vicinity. It had a vintage vibe to it and played live music every day. The acts were switched and she had wanted to go ever since her discovery, but Harry's schedule never matched up to hers.

"You're going out with my sister?"

He paused, pulling a t-shirt over his head, "Yes. Is that a problem?"

She shook her head no, burrowing her face into the thick sheets of her duvet. The pillow beneath her felt like a brick and her head felt heavy.
———-

"I guess. They dont invite me most of the time,"

"They don't?"

"No, it's like they're the best of friends? I dunno, they even have their own little inside jokes,"

Lucy looked at her in alarm, "You don't think he's .."

Y/N only bit her lip in remorse for thinking such vile things about Harry.

—-
Days passed and Harry had forgotten to pick Y/N up after her class again. It wasn't a problem the first time it happened, but then it occurred again and it was currently the fifth time in eight days that Y/N was left leaning against the side of the building. It was raining mundanely, but it was enough to make someone sick if they stayed out long enough, and she was squishing herself as much as possible to fit under the small roof above her.

"Come on, H. Pick up," Y/N lifted the phone to her ear, the weight of her tote bag dragging her forearm downwards but she persisted.

The line rings four times before the call ends and she was sent to voicemail. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows because she couldn't believe that Harry had purposely rejected her call.

"What the heck?" she muttered.

The rain poured harder and she could see last of the people from her class getting picked up by their rides or boarding the public bus by the street corner. Y/N contemplated whether to run to catch up to the bus. From her peripherals, she sees Harry's car speeding towards her.

It stopped right beside the sidewalk and Y/N speed-walked through the short distance between the roof and the car—refusing to get anymore wetter than she was. She grabbed her handle to the back seat so that she could drop off her bag before sitting herself in the front with him. To her surprise she sees Daniela's head of hair resting against the headrest. She climbed onto the back turning on the seat warmer first before strapping the safety belt across her body.