Jealousy: the one where harry and y/n argue while driving

Summary: Harry drives and Y/N argues
Warnings: lil angst, loads of fluff??
Word Count: 561 words
Based on: I had an idea last night that h and his girl get into an argument while driving
____

"He was all over you, Y/N! And you let him," Harry says while he and Y/N exit the small family gathering they attended together. He stuffs his hand in his jean pocket for the car keys.

"He wasn't, I told you," Y/N huffs, crossing her arms over her chest as a sign of annoyance and slightly because it was getting a little too chilly for her to be dressed so thinly in the cold night. She walks to the passenger's side, head-turning to inspect her surroundings. The neighbourhood was dimly lit up with orange-hued street lights.

The car beeps and she could hear the doors unlock from Harry's FOB. Y/N pulls on the handle and opens the door at the same time as Harry situates himself in his seat. He waits for her, nonetheless.

"Hurry up," He directs. She pauses, midway through pulling the seat belt strap across her body.

"Why are you rushing me?" He huffs at her retort, tapping his ring-clad fingers on the steering wheel.

As soon as he heard the 'click' of the belt, he shifts the gear into reverse and backed away from his parking spot. He does a shoulder check and while doing so, he catches a glimpse of his girlfriends' pouted lips.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He speaks once again. He pulls into the main road and begins their journey home.

"I slipped and he caught me,"

A flashback plays in his mind and he vaguely remembers the conversation they had earlier that night.

--

"Y/N, those flats don't have grips at the bottom,"

"So? They're so cute," She squeals, admiring the way her legs looked in the mirror.

"Soo, you're gonna slip, lovie" he explains, wrapping his arms around her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder.

--

He shakes his head incredulously at the spike of realization.

"I told you not to wear them,"

Y/N does a double-take toward him, hearing the slight teasing tone in his voice and she can't help but whine out.

"Heeeeyyy, it was cute! And you said it looked pretty on me too,"

"That may be, but you slipped, you clumsy girl," He chuckles, his right hand moving from the center console to her knee, rubbing the taut skin gently.

"Yes, but that man caught me," She muses jokingly, shoulder wiggling up and down mirroring her eyebrows.

Harry pauses his actions and he looks at her when they stop at a red light.

"Y/N"

"Harry," She says back, mimicking his deep and stern voice. He rolls his eyes at her while she throws her head back laughing.

Looking back to the road, he couldn't help but let a sly smile overtake his lips. One more glance at Y/N's pretty face and it was like his anger had dissolved into thin air.

"I love you, Y/N"

"Hmm, I know," She hums back, a smile lingering on her lips. Even though he wander looking at her directly, he could detect the hint of happiness in her voice.

He pinches the skin of her thigh lightly, "Ow, hey!" She slaps his arm.

"Stop tha', I'm driving, you nut," He uses his thumb to caress the reddened skin and Y/N herself feels the same overwhelming fondness floating in her chest.

"Styles, you're gonna be the death of me,"

---

trying out some fluff!

let me know what you thought :)