the one where y/n likes harry but he has a girlfriend (i)

Summary: Y/N likes Harry, but he has a girlfriend
Warnings: some angst
Word Count: 2.6k

____

Harry and Y/N were a power couple. They weren't even a couple, they were just best friends. Attached to the hip, some would say and it was true because whenever you see Harry, there's a large possibility that Y/N would be popping up from somewhere only a few minutes later. She was everywhere he was and it was the same for him. It wasn't a surprise to see a world-famous pop star trailing behind Y/N when he decided that it would be a good idea to sit in on her classes. Her university was quite fond of Harry since it meant that their title would be on the headlines and suddenly, there was a peak in applications being processed by the administrators. It was quite funny, really. Seeing Harry in casual clothes and not in his well-known glittering suit, bell-bottom pants, and revealing jumpsuits was quite an eye-catching moment. Not only did it make him blend in -as much as he could-, it only made him more attractive to Y/N. Made it feel like she and he had a chance at something, it made him retract from his godly level and stoop down to hers.

So maybe Y/N had a teensy crush on Harry, she was quite fond of the green-eyed boy ever since he had bumped into him at a coffee shop. And it wasn't even that Y/N didn't try to stop her feelings from growing because she did-she really did. It was hard granted that he was probably, if not, the most amazing person she had ever met. He was nice and kind and it made her heart melt every time he bent down to his knees to talk to her little cousin who could barely waddle her way to him while he held a cookie in his hand. He's also too sweet, especially when a date failed to show up at her apartment, one that she was really looking forward to considering that it was her first one after a very long dry spell of abstaining from love and relationships. That was when she realized that maybe the reason why she didn't feel the need to scavenge for a long-lasting relationship was that Harry was always there for her.

He made time for her on his super busy schedule when even her own friends barely checked in on her. When he was in Paris on tour, he immediately called her after the show to babble on about the 'funniest story ever' (as he put it) because it was too hilarious not to share even though it wasn't at all funny in any sense. But of course, his voice was too thrilled and exhilarated and she felt so special that he called her about it made Y/N laugh and snicker at his deep voice transmitting through the phone. He mentioned that he wished they could do a video call, but unfortunately, her apartment tower was knocked down by some large bird that messed up the internet signal all over the whole building, and Harry was sad because he 'won't get to see your lovely face'. Her heart pounded when she heard those words, albeit a little static-y, and it left her speechless that she didn't even realize that Harry had already moved on to another topic.

And oh god, she wished that she made an excuse about an essay being due in a couple of days that she procrastinated so hard on, or maybe her neighbours' dog and kitten were making really annoying sounds through the thin walls because maybe then she wouldn't have to hear Harry's bubbly voice talk about a woman he had met. It was still early on, that conversation. Y/N had only accepted that she had feelings for him a couple of weeks prior and she had somehow talked herself into confessing her feelings to him when he came back from the tour which ended in two months. She thought that two months was enough to get over him, even when they weren't together, so she tried to put herself out there. She met new people at the community center where she enrolled in yoga classes in the morning and beginner Zumba at night. It kept her busy and a little more athletic and her Zumba instructor was a really adorable guy that always made sure everybody in the class was feeling mentally up for the activities. She definitely wasn't complaining, but even though her eyes were set on him, Darren; her heart was completely Harry's.