Whats A Soulmate?

This video made my heart warm.
I just loved this video, so i thought i would make a one shot about it. Listen to it while you read its better lmao js, enjoy. Also feel free to comment what ever you like, i LOVE reading comments.

(Luke's p.o.v.)

"Whats a soulmate?" Samantha my 8 year old daughter asked me.

"It's a.. Well, it's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else.
It's someone who makes you a better person, well, actually they don't make you a better person... you do that yourself....because they inspire you.
A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever.
It's the one person who knew you, and accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would.
And no matter what happens.. you'll always love them." I explained and smiled at her.

"Daddy why don't you have a soulmate? What happened to mommy?" She asked and i smiled.

"Well she wasn't my soulmate and we didn't love each other as much as we did so she went on her own." she nodded understandingly.

"Well what about your friend Ashton! He's all those things you just said!" Sam yelled in excitement.

I laughed a little.

"Baby, Ashton is just my friend. We are very close is all. I may love him more than a friend but he just doesn't love me the same way." she frowned, standing up.

"But... He might! Why don't you ask him?" She huffed and I thought about, nodded.

"Would that make you happy?" She nodded and sat down on my lap.

"I would love Ashton as a daddy! And he would make you happy. and then we could all be one BIG happy Family!" She giggled, throwing her arms up.

My pocket started to vibrate and i took out my phone, The screen lighting up saying:
IrwieCakes<3

In big bold letters.

I slide the green button across the screen to answer.

"Hey Luke! We still having a movie night tonight?" Ashton asked cheerfully and i sighed, hearing his beautiful voice.

"Yeah of course come over around.....9:00."

"Alright cya then Lukey!" Ashton said hanging up.

"Alright kiddo, time for beddy by." i picked up sam and took her to her room.

I picked out her pj's and she got changed into them, jumping onto her bed.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight baby." I whispered.

"Nighty daddy." she yawned.

"Daddy before you go, can you promise me something?" I walked back over to her bed.

"Yes of course what is it?" She held out her pinky.

"Promise me, You and ashton will be Soulmates." She asked looking up at me with big eyes and i smiled, wrapping my pinky around her little pinky.

"I promise." I said unsurely.

"Ok goodnight!" She rolled over on her side.

Hearing knocks at the door, i raced down the stairs going towards the door.

Fixing my hair a little and straightening out my shirt.

I opened the door.

"Hey." I opened the door all the way so he could come in.

"Hey how are you. How is samantha?" he hugged me.

I hugged back.

"Fine, shes doing good." He smiled.

"Thats good, are you in the mood to watch a scary movie?" Ashton asked with a smirk.

"Ooh what do you have in mind?" I asked going to the couch to sit.

"Its called 'The Pyramid'" He put the movie into the DVD player, and sat next to me.

Half way through the movie, i put my arm around him and he snuggled into me putting his head on my shoulder.

"Ashton what would you say if i asked you on a date?" I asked out of the blue, blushing really hard.

"I would say Lucas Robert Hemmings i would love to go on a date with you." I sat up all the way and turned to look at him and he had a huge smile on his face.

"Really?" He nodded.

"Your such a nice guy Luke, I really like you." He grabbed my hand and put it on his cheek, he put his hand in mine and started leaning in.

My lips finally landed on his and he pulled himself closer to deepen the kiss.

I pulled away.

"Do you really like me?" I asked.

"Of course! I like all of you! Your personality, your awkwardness, your looks, and i love little Sammy so you don't have to worry about that." Ashton explained.

I looked over at the screen and the credits were already playing.

"Alright well its late i should be getting home." Ashton started to stand up.

"Yeah, So maybe we could go out for lunch tomorrow?" I asked opening the door for him.

"Of course." he smiled leaning up, pecking my lips one more time.

"Goodnight ash."

"Goodnight Luke, see you tomorrow." Ashton waved getting into his car and driving off.

Woah.That.Was.Amazing.

I went upstairs, getting a text.

Irwiecakes<3:

Can't wait for tomorrow, babe ;)

Me:

Me neither :)

I really love him...maybe he is my soulmate.

OKAAYYY that the end of that sappy shit. Comment if you want a part 2! I hope all y'all have a great week! Ily!