Can't Even Think Straight {3}

Comenzar desde el principio

                “Darn, I lost,” he said, trying to look disappointed instead of relieved that he had successfully avoided one of Liam’s temper tantrums.

                “Haha!” Liam cried triumphantly, jumping up. Sebastian and Rory stood up as well, stretching a little.

                I got up and handed the spinner to Murphy, shooting him a grateful look. Liam got to be incredibly scary when he was upset.

                I positioned myself next to Rory, ready to play. Liam and Sebastian were across from me. Liam was bouncing again, excited for another round.

                “Left foot red!” Murphy announced.

                We placed our left feet on the red space and waited for further instruction. Murph began to read off different positions and we settled into them. To my disappointment, I became entangled with everyone except Sebastian.

                Next to me, Rory fell down. We all relaxed and got up. I cracked my back as Rory took the spinner from Murphy and sat down.

                “Now it’s Sebastian’s turn to lose, since he’s the only one who hasn’t been the spinner yet,” Liam said matter-of-factly.

                “Oh, is that so?” Sebastian asked, a smirk dancing on his lips. “Well, I won’t go down without a fight.”

                Liam grinned at him. “I love a challenge!” he said smugly.

                Oh hell naw bitches. THIS LITTLE BRAT WAS MOVING IN ON MY MAN. AND HE WAS DOING BETTER THAN ME. AND HE WAS ONLY 7.

                Either I was pathetic, or Sebastian was a pervert. Nope, it was definitely Sebastian. I wasn’t pathetic. So he was a pervert. Huh. I had never really pegged him as that sort of guy. You learn something new every day.

                Rory spun. “Right hand green,” he instructed.

                Determined to win this and beat Liam, I slapped my palm down against a green space. Rory began to call out our instructions, and we followed them.

                Soon enough, my heart was slamming. Liam, Sebastian, and I were tangled together awkwardly. Well, I mean, it would have been awkward if I were actually straight.

                My face was nearly touching Sebastian’s. He had a smug grin, seeing as he was the only one not trembling with the effort of trying to hold himself up. Our arms were twisted together, and my right leg was wrapped around his.

                The contact we were currently sharing was driving me crazy. Liam was struggling to hold himself up, and his face was nearly against Sebastian’s arm.

                “Left foot red,” Rory called out.

                Carefully, very carefully, I shifted my left leg against a yellow space. Sebastian, Liam, and Murphy also shifted.

                “You alright there Liam?” Murphy asked with a smirk.

                “I’m fine!” Liam growled, a light coat of sweat on his forehead. His arms were trembling violently and he bit his lip, trying to hold himself up.

                Oh no. Liam looked like he was about to go down, which meant two things. One, either he was actually going to go down. Or two, Murphy was going to lose on purpose so that Liam wouldn’t get angry.

                If either of them went down right now, that meant I would lose this position with Sebastian. I had never been so close to him before.

                My face was so close to his that I could’ve shifted just slightly and kissed him. Our arms were touching, and our right legs were touching. It was enough to make me happy for the rest of my life, even if my arms were growing tired of trying to hold my body up.

                “Right foot blue,” Rory announced.

                Liam moved and his trembling eased some as his foot slid closer to his body. Murphy also moved and relaxed, seeing that Liam was no longer in danger of dropping.

                That made me smile to myself a little. Good, you friggin’ man stealing brat. You better not fall while I was enjoying my position with Sebastian.

                But our position quickly changed.

                I moved my foot to put it on the blue space. Unfortunately, Sebastian had, like me, waited to make sure Liam would be okay. So he moved his foot at the exact same time as I did.

                Our legs caught against each other and I fell, landing on my back. The force of my fall was enough to pull Sebastian tumbling off balance.

                Sebastian fell forward, landing on me, his body pressing against mine comfortably. Sebastian’s face was a blur of shock, surprise, and confusion.

                And then, as his hands slipped, it was rapidly descending towards mine.