CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

MIKHAIL'S P.O.V

"Okay what is it?"Fiona asks but I just stay quiet because I don't know where to start from, she frowns when I stay quiet.

"Okay there's also what we call mates" I tell her. As expected she just looks confused. I take a deep breath before I continue.

"You see the Moon Goddess created all werewolves with a mate but we can't find our mates till we're 18 years old."

"Okay but that doesn't explain what a mate is" Fiona says moving closer. Jace and Mark look at me indicating that I should tell her now.

"Okay you see... mates are uh...they're like you know, um that way yeah." I say making no sense. Fiona looks confused, Jace shakes his head, Mark facepalms and my wolf growls at me.

What? I'm scared that she's going to reject me once she finds out, she might not feel that way about me. Caleb sighs at this but adds "although I don't want her to reject us she still needs to know, it's wrong to keep it from her" I agree with him on this, she needs to know.

"I mean mates as in soul mate. The person made for us, the other half of our souls, who we're meant to be with. We recognize our mates immediately we see them, their scent is like the best thing ever, we grow attracted to them and the mate bond starts to form." I tell her quietly.

She seems to understand what I mean. "Okay so have you found your mate yet? Since you said you find them at 18" Fiona asks.

"You see that's the thing, most wolves find the mates at 18 but I didn't find mine at that age. Fiona... you are my mate." I say looking straight into her eyes.

Fiona looks shocked, then confused, scared and after a while of silence which consisted of me being a nervous wreck, Fiona finally looked at me and smiled.

"Really I'm your mate? She asks in a small voice, I smile back at her and nod "yes you're my mate, I knew since when I met you"

when she doesn't say anything I continue. "I know this is hard for you, wolves are mostly mated to other wolves but sometimes they have human mates too."

She looks at me then hesitates before asking "what if I don't want to be your mate? What happens then?"  My heart immediately shatters at this, she doesn't want to be my mate.

I feel like sobbing which is a first for me. When my parents died I didn't cry, I remained strong and took over the pack, I took care of my sister Daphne and moved on but hearing my mate say this has tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I take a deep breath and finally answer her question.

"If you don't want me as your mate then you can reject me. All you have to do is say your full name and say you reject me using my full name too." Fiona nods at this and goes back to thinking, she's drumming her fingers on her lap.

"You don't have to worry about it. If you don't want this then just say the rejection now, it will severe our bond. I won't stop helping you just because of this so don't worry if that's what you're thinking." I tell her assuming that's why she's bothered.

She stops drumming her fingers and looks at me with her head tilted to the side and asks "what makes you think I'm going to reject you?"

  I've never been so surprised in my life "I thought you didn't want me" I say looking down.

"Mikhail just because I asked you about rejection doesn't mean I want to reject you" she says standing up and coming closer to my chair. Mark and Jace are sitting on the other couch watching us.

"It doesn't?" I ask sounding confused. "Of course it doesn't. I just wanted to know if I had a choice in all this and not that I'd be forced whether I like it or not" she says as she grabs my hands in hers.

Tingles run up my hands and I look at our entwined hands before adding " Fiona I would never ever force you to do something you don't want" I tell her.

She smiles at me "even though I barely know you, I trust you and I accept you as my mate."I beam at this and stand up pulling her into a hug, she hugs me back and I hear the guys let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much, for giving me a chance. I promise you won't regret it, I'll be the best mate you could ever ask for" I say after Letting her go and she laughs at this. "I'm sure you will, now that I've accepted the mate bond what happens?" She asks.

"Okay you might want to sit down while I explain it to you" I tell her and she sits back on the couch. I look at Jace who nods at me and Mark who's smirking at me, they probably want to see me mess up the explanation.

"Okay so accepting the mate bond is the first step, after that we have the marking" I pause and look at Fiona who's waiting for me to continue.

"Basically it means I have to... bite your neck" I say and Fiona gasps standing up again. "You're going to bite me? Nobody mentioned biting" she said.

"Fiona calm down, okay I know it's confusing but let me explain" I tell her, she looks at me and sighs before taking her seat. "Okay about me biting you, it's for a reason. When I bite you it will give you a Mark and mix our scents together so as to ward off unmated males. It will only hurt for a few seconds then you'll be fine." Fiona reluctantly agrees and I continue.

"The marking is the second stage and the last stage is mating, we have to mate to complete the bond" Fiona looks confused for a few seconds before she finally looks at me with wide eyes "you mean we have to-" I nodded at her. "Yeah we have to." I saw a little blush appear on her cheeks but she quickly cleared her throat and faces the guys instead.

"Do you have mates?" She asked them curiously. "Yes we both do, my mate's name is Gina and Mark's mate is Amanda. They went back to their pack to visit Amanda's older sister who gave birth." 

"Okay so when will they be back?" She asked. "They'll be back tomorrow and so will Mikhail's younger sister Daphne" Mark said with a stupid grin, he's probably excited that his Mate will be back soon.

"Well I can't wait to meet them" Fiona says. "They're excited to meet you too especially Daphne she kept asking me to send your picture to her" I said with a laugh.

"Oh it must be nice having a little sister, I wish I had a little sister instead of two annoying brothers" Fiona says with a pout.

All of us freeze and stare at her but she just stares back confused. I'm about to ask the question floating in our minds  but Mark beats me to it.

"Wait you have brothers?" He asks sitting up. Fiona freezes and stares wide eyed at us before nodding slowly "yes I have two older brothers" we look at her and signal for her to continue. "They're twins, Damon and Damien, I have Friends too. Ina and um Jeremy" she says with a big smile.

"Do you know what this means?" I asked excitedly. "No, what?" she asked
Me.

"It means that your memories are coming back, soon you'll have all your memories and you'll remember how you escaped the Rouges."