CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

FIONA'S P.O.V

Everyone was silent for a while all lost in our various thoughts until Daphne decided to break the silence. "So you can turn into a dragon" she said looking intently at me.

At this everyone stared at me awaiting my answer even though it was already obvious what it would be. "Yes I'm a dragon shifter" I say and this is all the confirmation they need before questions are thrown at me.

"So you're not human?" Jace asks, well that's pretty obvious but I don't give him an answer.

"Are there more of you?" It's Amanda who asks this but before I can answer another question is thrown at me.

"Are you indestructible?" Mark asks and I feel the urge to facepalm.

"Can you melt the table with your fire?" The last question was asked by Daphne who by the way is looking at me like a child who just bought a new toy.

I glanced around at all their faces as they waited for me to answer their questions and I probably would have but I heard a question I had very much dreaded.

"So you lied to me all this while?" It was Mikhail who asked the question this time and I froze before looking at him. The whole room was silent as they watched me, waiting for my reaction. The guilt on my face must have been enough of an answer to him because he let out a low growl of anger.

"Everything you've said since you got here were all lies" it was a statement not a question. He was already convinced that I was nothing more than a liar and maybe I was, I felt so guilty mostly because of the look he was giving me and Alice was sulking somewhere at the back of my mind.

Our mate was hurt and worst of all we were the ones responsible for it. I felt the urge to say something, anything at least to defend myself and I found myself speaking out in a low voice "not everything"

I saw the confusion on his face and spoke up, louder this time "yes I lied, heck I lied a lot but not everything I said were all lies. There were elements of truth in them" he gave me a blank look but I continued talking "I know that what I did was wrong and I'm sorry, I really am but I had reasons for doing what I did and at the time I felt I was doing what was best"

"What was best?" Mikhail scoffed his face hard, "so lying to me and deceiving us all was best, making me think that you actually liked me when you probably didn't even feel shit for me was also best?" He asked angrily.

He didn't stop at that, oh no, he continued "why? Why did you do it? So you can take over my pack? For money huh? You were going to make me think you loved me then stab me in the back right? Who sent you? The rouges? Alpha Daniel? Who, and how much did they promise you?" He barked at me.

I felt anger swell within me, yes what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have done it but he had no right to accuse me like that especially saying that my feelings for him are lies, how dare he?

Alice was also angry and before I knew it I was already lashing out at him "what? I may have lied to you about a lot of things but my feelings for you weren't a part of those lies. You have no idea what I feel for you and you have no right to disrespect my feelings that way. I could have rejected you but I didn't because I actually want you and I want this relationship to work"

My voice was getting louder and angrier and I felt my eyes turn red "how can you even accuse me that way? So you think I'm after your money, that I want your pack and that's why I'm here? Well you couldn't be more wrong cause I want neither your stupid money nor your 'pack', I want you"

He looked stunned at my confession but I saw the hint of a smile playing on his lips, probably because I admitted to wanting him but he's already crossed the line and no breathtaking smile is going to fix that.