CHAPTER TWELVE.

MIKHAIL'S P.O.V

I left the office with Mark and we ran outside to where the fight was. We both shifted Immediately we got there.

I shifted into my midnight black wolf and Mark into his light grey wolf. Jace's wolf also has grey fur but it's darker than that of Mark's.

There were about 20 Rouges attacking us. The guards and some warriors were fighting them off and I immediately jumped into action.

I pounced on one of the wolves and before he could react I ripped his throat out. I approached another wolf and pounced but landed on nothing, I looked around and saw that the rouge had jumped aside.

How is that possible? He didn't see me coming and I was really fast, how did he jump out of the way so quickly? I didn't have time to think about it cause he pounced on me.

He tried to bite my neck but I dodged it and used my paw to shake him off, he went for my leg and I scratched his muzzle with my paw. He whimpered but tried to attack again and this time I let him tackle me to the ground. I flipped him and bit hard into his neck, he tried to flip me off but I bit down harder until he finally stopped moving.

I continued fighting the rouge when I heard a loud whimper, I looked at where it came from and saw one of my pack members fall to the ground dead. I growled loudly, how is this possible? We never lose anyone during fights, it's one of my pack's specialty.

I saw the rouge who killed him and Immediately pounced on it. I swiftly killed it and continued with the fight. After a while of fighting something happened.

All the remaining Rouges stopped fighting.  There were about seven of them and they just ran away, I mind linked the warriors to go after them and they did.

Jace and Mark immediately came running to me in their wolf forms. Jace must have joined the fight after taking Fiona to her room.

I was trying to mind link them when we heard a gasp from behind us, we all turned to see Fiona staring at us wide eyed. Oh shit! she must be so scared right now seeing us in our wolf forms. This was definitely not how I wanted her to find out.

She looked around at all the dead wolves on the ground and her eyes widened even more. This is it, it's now or never. The guys and I quickly go behind the trees and shift back into our human forms, we put on some basketball shorts and came out.

Fiona stared at us and I'm sure she already figured it out. I expected her to be scared but she just looked shocked and a bit excited? "Hi Fiona what are you doing out here?" Mark says trying to lighten the situation.

I mentally facepalm at this. "You guys are wolf shifters" Fiona says excitedly.

"Actually we're called werewolves but yeah sure" Jace tells her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked folding her arms.

"It's a long story, come on we'll explain In my office" I lead her back inside with Jace and Mark trailing behind us.

After we arrived at my office we all put on shirts while Fiona sat on the couch looking at us. I cleared my throat before speaking "so where should we start from?" I asked her.

"The beginning of course" she said in a duh tone. Mark Snickered at this but Fiona glared at him making him cover it with a cough.

"Okay so we're creatures known as werewolves, half man half wolf but I'm sure you already know that"  she nods and tells me to continue.

"Okay so we were created by the Moon Goddess Selene, she's the goddess of the moon. That's why the full moon is such a big deal for us" I look at Fiona and see that she's listening before I continue.

"Unlike most stories you've probably read we aren't forced to change every full moon, we change at will."

"Most werewolves live in a pack so there are many packs all over the world. This pack's name is the Moon Rippers pack and I'm the Alpha."

Fiona looks confused at this point and asks "pack as in you live together?" I nod at her and she continues.

"Oh but what's an Alpha?" I smile before answering her.

"Okay let me put it this way, a pack has... let's say officials based on their power, it's like a chain" I try to explain.

"Those at the bottom of the chain are known as Omegas, they cook and clean and help with all the labour"

"Going up the chain we have the prison guards, they guard the prisons when we have any prisoners" Fiona's eyes widen and she asks "you guys have prisoners ?"

I sigh at this but answer anyway "yes we have prisoners but only bad wolves known as Rouges.

Rouges are wolves that don't stay in packs they cause trouble and kill people, they also attack packs."

I see Fiona's face drop in realization which confuses me. What did she realize? I shrug it off and continue.

"They're the other wolves you saw attacking outside...well before they ran away, they killed two pack members.

Then we have the pack doctors, they take care of the sick pack members, we also have those who take care of the pups"

"Pups as in baby dogs?" Fiona asks with a huge smile. We all laugh at this and she looks at us confused.

"No we refer to the young werewolves as pups, they're children not puppies. I say in clarification.

"Oh I get it" Fiona says laughing too. "We also have the patrol guards who patrol the territory" I see Fiona about to ask a question and I answer. "Before you ask, the territory is basically all the pack lands. The guards watch out for Rouges and Intruders."

After Letting it sink in I continue "next we have the warriors, they are in charge of training the pack members and they are always at the fore front of protecting the packs by fighting during attacks".

"Then we have the leaders of the pack which are the Gamma - third in command of the pack, the Beta - second in command of the pack and at the top of the chain we have the Alpha who is the leader of the pack. I'm the Alpha of this pack."

"So you're like the king or something? Fiona asks and I smile. "Yeah something like that" I reply. She smiles at me and nods "that's so cool" she says and my wolf beams at that, he's happy that she likes our position.

Fiona smiles at Jace "I'm pretty sure you make a great beta" she says which causes Jace to smile back. She gets along with Jace quite well.

"She looks at Mark with a frown and scoffs "do they just give anyone the Gamma position these days?"  We all laugh aside from Mark who glares at Fiona.

She raises  her hand up in surrender when she sees him glaring. "Oh c'mon I was just joking, don't be so grumpy"  Mark finally smiles and she smiles back at him.

"I'm surprised you didn't freak out" Mark tells her. She just shrugs "why should I freak out, this is so cool" she says and it makes me smile yet again, I should have told her sooner.

"So is that all I should know about werewolves? Is there another species?" She asks and I get nervous, I haven't told her about mates yet.

"No there are also vampires in the world but we don't really associate with them" Jace tells her.

"There's also something else you should know about all this" I tell her. She looks at me expectantly and I feel my heart beating faster in my chest. I need to tell her about mates.