Senseis and Students

Aizawa used his scarf to keep him suspended off the ground. This entire thing was so fucking suspicious, and he wanted the upper hand of surprise when he went to meet this person. The trees held his weight with no creaking whatsoever, and he used his momentum to throw himself in through a window. A person who had nothing to hide wouldn't mind a window entrance.

"Eraserhead," a voice called from down the stairs, "quit being logical for a few minutes, and come down the stairs as a teacher and not a hero."

He made his way down, "they're not entirely uncommercial where U.A is involved."

"I'm not a threat."

"Funny, coming from a serial killer. And what's the nonsense about—!" He stepped on a creaky floorboard, "the Informant, huh?" A moment later, he found himself walking cautiously to the chair of the dimly lit room, standing against a wall looking at the masked murderer in front of him.

"I really am the future Informant. It's not in the job offer, but I'm being honest with you right now, Aizawa." The girl raised her hands to reach back and pull her hoodie over her head, and pulled her mask down. "How's this for a logical ruse."

"You're alive." Aizawa stated, confusion etching his words.

"Yep."

"You've been alive this entire time and you're not on the brink of death or being torture—You're not just Himiko Toga. I'll know." Kagome pulled her sleeves up to reveal the bandages and quirk restraining bracelets, while Aizawa activated his quirk to look at her. Nothing changed. "I see." He took a shaky breath in and out. "And what's the meaning of this, huh? I thought you were dead. This is a major miscalculation for you, do you understand the risks of this job? And why wouldn't you rush back or call me immediately?!"

"I only got free as Blade Zero, and this is as immediate as it gets. I'm sorry, but I'd rather stay alive and risk dying at work than just passing out of blood loss and never wake up. I understand the implications and your concerns... but you don't understand how bad this was." Aizawa watched her unwrap her bandages, some still very raw-looking cuts were sealing up, and she quickly wrapped them back up. "I don't want them to get infected."

"Summarize everything right now. Bakugo saw you die." Aizawa said, "he's traumatized, you know? Your friends came to save you."

"T... they did?" Kagome asked, looking at Aizawa... "that was probably very stupid of them, but knowing that my friends are involved everything surely went well... right?"

"It was a relatively well-executed rescue mission. They got Bakugo out alive and well. But what did Bakugo see? He said you died in his arms."

"I... actually agreed to what the Villains asked from me. Kacchan was knocked out, and they were gonna kill him... so I said I'd stay if they let him live. The villains aren't as smart as we think, but there's one yakuza boss that's relatively smart about his plans. Sorta. Long story short, there's a member of the league who can make copies of people— I can't disclose who, as much as I'd like to—, so that's who Katsuki saw. I was unconscious and probably being moved to that safe-house by the time I quote and quote 'died.'"

"Okay, and what after that?"

"I woke up... urm, sort of woke up. The guy who asked for me to be kidnapped, this same yakuza, has a quirk that puts people to sleep, and he constantly used it against me to keep me asleep while he..." Kagome raised her arms up. "Pretended I was a piece of meat, I suppose." Aizawa flinched at the crude comparison just slightly.

"Did he—?"

"Nope, just the cuts. I was only being given water at the time by someone you know. Blue Fire quirk, by the name of Dabi. Seems to have some form of guilt about torturing a kid, rightfully so, and he's basically the reason why I'm alive right now."

"Quit making it sound like I'm soft for you," came a grumble from behind her, causing Eraserhead to jump. He'd made an error in assuming alone meant alone.

"JESUS, DABI," Kagome shouted, grasping her chest. "I told you to wait until I said you could come out!"

"That's a villain!" Aizawa growled. But he knew better than to attack. If this was really set up Informant style, then Kagome was someone to take seriously.

"Sensei, Dabi. Dabi, Sensei. Now, Dabi introduced me to the Informant and some tests and training later, I'm here. And you guys are too, because I think Riki had an error in judgement by not having people he could trust in villain and hero groups. While I do officially work for the government as the Informant and an assassin, I need to cover my bases. Usualy this is best done alone, but I know and trust the both of you to help keep me alive. I'll be making something with the help of support gadgets soon, and I'm making sure to authorize sending one each to you. It'll have an automatic  update of where I am during my missions, and you'll have unlimited access to my files."

"...why don't you just come back, Kagome?" Aizawa asked, looking over Kagome suspiciously.

"Informant threatened to kill her if she got away from Morpheus, and that's no life to live," Dabi interrupted, clicking his tongue. "Aren't you U.A heroes supposed to be smart?" Aizawa didn't fall for Dabi's bait of course.

"All of that's true. But also, I... erm.." she glanced at Dabi, before sighing and turning her attention back to Aizawa. "I never wanted to be a hero, you know. I wanted to be number one in swimming, never got there, and as a hero, I was going to be living a half life."

"That's so illogical—!"

"—right now, I'm in a place where I'm number one, automatically. I'm alright and already dealing with all the consequences, and more importantly I'm useful here. I don't know that I'd have been able to save people knowing my own life was in danger. I'm not like Izuku. And there's no way I would've fought a villain head on with tactics like Katsuki. I'm also not allowed or able to take these quirk restraints off, and I've had them for the good part of a year. It's likely that my quirk's weakened almost completely, so no matter what, this is the best option. Even without my quirk, here I can keep Kacchan and Izuku safe."

"Heh," Dabi scoffed. "Sappy bitch."

"Shut up, Totoro."

"WHY AM I TOTORO?!"

"I did my digging on you. Totoro."

"Fucking piece of shit." Dabi said, quieting and leaning back on the wall.

"Yeah, I am. So Aizawa, do you accept? You can't tell anyone I'm alive, okay? I don't expect to hide this forever, but I'd like to hide it as long as I can and be caught my own way."

"I accept. You're the second most problematic problem child I know— hey are those U.A issued headgear?!"

"I couldn't buy another set of hearing aids, alright, I'm stuck with these until I make enough money— which, BY THE WAY, I don't get paid."

"Take Kurogiri's offer to work at his bar. It really completes your aesthetic, and no one's gonna buy you food unless you pay for it, anyway." Dabi suggested. "You're not exactly league, so I'd suggest you take what you can when it comes to odd jobs and offers."

"I might. I need to think about it. A bit more. Now you gotta promise me. No Dabi attacking Aizawa and no vice versa. Or I'll find you and I've done it before, so I'll kill you. Capiche?"

"Hm."
"Whatever."

"Good," Kagome smiled, "right, you can be off then. Take a day off. The dead have just come back to life today, isn't that right, Aizawa?"

"Dunno what you're talkin about kid," Aizawa replied, opening the door of the front of the house. "Kagome Bakugo's as dead as ever. You'll never be the same as you were. Careful out there. See ya, Blade Zero."