Fire&Ice

No, I didn't tell Katsuki who I had a crush on. I'm not looking for a two-for-the-price-of-one death wish. About a week after getting back to Japan, I decided to finally text Todoroki Shoto, my new training partner. I'm not the best fighter, I know that. I've spent my entire life swimming and nothing else. I don't know how to defend myself besides basic kick-boxing and my only other talents are that I'm flexible, fast, and have good reflexes. And the last one is usually on accident, so I'm left with that much less talent. If Katsuki's ambitions are driven pure talent, then mine are driven by the need to prove myself.

Ice Cube Issues

Shotooooooooooooo

What is it?

Train with meeeeeeeeeeeee

Where?

I don't know??? Where do you usually train

Meet me at XXX in an hour. Don't be late.

Sounds like a date~ 😉 😘

It's not.

As if you would be that lucky, dipshit 😏
Read

••••••

I snicker at the short string of texts and look up how far of a run it is from my house to there, and after noticing the amount of time it would take to get there opt to beg Katsuki for a ride. "Please! I can't drive, you know that, Katsuki, and the Old Hag's at work! Don't get me started on the Old Man he's always busy. And you... you don't really have a life, so I don't see why you can't drop me off!" He glares at me for the offensive comment. "Sorry."

"What's the rush anyway, you've gone training for the past week like normal what's different today?" Katsuki falls out of his bed, black tank top and sweatpants almost always having been signature for both of us all our lives. He scratches his hair and heads into the bathroom to brush his teeth and I follow him to the doorway. "Didn't you go this morning anyway?" He looks at the time, it's Noon, meaning my morning routine of passing by Izuku's Garbage Patch (which I learned he was trying to clean. That's so much work) was finished roughly three hours ago.

"I'm meeting up with someone to train for U.A. He's gonna teach me how to beat people with quirks and use any skills I have against people."

"Who's this he?"

"A guy I know named Shoto Todoroki. He's my boss' son. Don't worry, I don't like that ice Cube." I assure Katsuki, who holds his keys and sits into his car. "He's not even a friend. Think of him as a stepping stone to my success."

"Yeah, whatever, unless you're confessing to him or vice versa, I honestly don't care." He drives me to the address and doesn't stop the car to call out a "don't die, ya lil shit" as he speeds off. I sigh and check to see if Ice Cube Inferno (oh, I'm totally resetting his contact name to Ice Cube Inferno) texted me anything about the room. He did, and he said to meet him in room 7-C. It was at the bottom floor and the room was the size of a small neighborhood.

"Hey, Ice Cube." I greet when I see him near the middle of the room. "So you're teaching me to fight someone who has a quirk, yeah? You get in on recommendations and you won't have to take the test, but I still do. It's making me uncertain. And I hate being uncertain."