Meet The Family (Again)

"Inko!" I hear mom greet Mrs. Midoriya, hugging her. "Oh, I'm so glad you're not a string bean like you were in high school. You're so much more wholesome like this!" I quickly wash my hands more aggressively so I can greet them at the door.

"Suki!" Mrs. Midoriya reddens. "Did you just call me fat!"

"Mrs. Midoriya!" I smile in delight, drying my hands on my apron, also hugging her. Mom's right about one thing, Auntie Inko always did give the best hugs. "Thanks for coming!"

"Kagome, dear, how's school?"

"Oh, fine, fine," I smile. "The sports festival was a lot of fun."

"It had me worried out of my wits. I was worried Izuku would get hurt. And he did." She lightly glares at the boy removing his shoes at the door out of the corner of her eye. "I'm just so glad you were there to make sure it wasn't too bad. But don't you go jumping off of stadiums again, Kagome."

"I'll try Mrs. Midoriya~!" I smile to appease her and allow her to greet everyone else, before I hug Izuku. "Hey."

"Hey," he hugs back briefly before releasing me. "Are you alright? After the sports festival..." he trails off.

"I'll be fine," I wince but smile after. "Anyway, it was actually dad that wanted to see you. I told him I was dating you, but I don't think he remembers who you are."

"Really?!"

"She isn't even kidding, Izuku. Ohhhh, look at you! You grew up cute, too. Last I saw you were thiiiis small, and Kagome was even smaller!!!" Mom coos.

"I was not shorter than Izuku." I say loudly.

"Does that matter, Kags, you are now."  He gestures to the distance between the top of our heads.

"Hhh!!!" I gasp. "Rude." We laugh and I pull him over to dad. "Izu, you remember Dad."

"Hi, Mr. Bakugo!" Izuku smiles, just like he did when we were kids.

Dad smiles right back. "Midoriya Izuku. Kagome said she was dating you, but it has been so long."

"It's very good to see you again." Izuku bows in respect and Dad flusters in an attempt to make him stop bowing intensely. In a way, they're almost alike, both being on the cuter side of the spectrum, sweet people, have to put up with two too many blonde firecrackers in their lives. Three for my dad, but oh, well.

"Oh, he really hasn't changed a bit, Izuku, please calm down!"

"Yeah, nerd," my neck snaps to turn to Kacchan. Shit, the energy's about to get intense. "Same little worthless Deku."

"Hey, Kacchan!" He greets easily. I blanch, however. "Oh, did you finish the math homework? I sent you my notes from when you were pulled out for class photo retakes."

"Yeah, I did Deku." Kacchan looks between us. I splutter in the epitome of disgrace. "What?"

"You two get along?! Wait... there was homework?"

"Kags, calm down!" Izuku chuckles. "It's a secret about why, but don't worry too much about it, alright?— and, yes, there was homework! You fell asleep in math or something?" I shake my head, no.

"The last page of questions are hard, though, Kagome. Don't get cocky." Kacchan points out, adjusting his tank top to rest better on his shoulders. "I've got more to barbecue outside, but I'm using the grill. You BURNT the meat. I guess you really can't cook. Aren't you glad I left some tomato-bisque so you guys could actually eat?" I frown as I look at the thoroughly exploded meat.