First Day at U.A

I mean, what do you usually expect? Either the student is late or hasn't slept all night, right? But I'm getting up just in time to have my morning routine, and to wake Katsuki. I fall out of my bed and hop up in annoyance. "Damn... fl-floor." I curse tiredly. "Birchass hardwood."

I slam into Katsuki's room. "Oi, Kacchan. Wake the fuck up we're going to U.A."

Katsuki continues snoring softly. He reminds you of a child when he sleeps, because as odd as it is to admit, Katsuki and I both have pretty fluffy faces. You could poke at me while I have a resting face (A resting bitch face, so I've heard) and it would be pillowy. And Katsuki is sleeping on his side, his pillow pushing his face up so he's snoring softly.

"Kacchan." I poke both his shoulder blades harshly, causing him to throw the blanket over and kick his legs narrowly over my head. "Morning, Kacchan."

"Don't call me that girly name at school, Kagome."

"We'll see. Let's go, hurry up. I have to figure out what to do about my uniform, too."

"Do you still have to wear a skirt, then?"

"I mean... they can't kick me out for that, can they? I'll talk to someone about it at school. The first day isn't a good one to throw a fit. Now," I take my toothbrush and squeeze the toothpaste onto it, wet the toothbrush, and then I begin brushing aggressively. You gotta kill those germs, you know.

"SHI NEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Katsuki shouts in Japanese. Mine is a version similar to his.

In fact, I am similar to him.

"DIE, GERMS!!! SHI NE!!!"

This is still a point in life that I believe he and I are different as can be, but while we aren't the same, we also aren't different. But I wouldn't find that out before I figured out what I really wanted to do with my life. Hang in there, reader.

This is more than a sibling rivalry with Bakugo Katsuki.

This is more than a schoolgirl crush on Midoriya Izuku.

This is more than a straightforward path cutting through the woods. More than a hero or a swimmer or any career out there. People are human, and it's stupid that I, Bakugo Kagome, bitch extraordinaire, have to explain that. Life isn't about the victories. It's about the huge and tiny mistakes you make between them and the fight you go through to get your goal.

But I had to find that goal, first.

I pulled my hair into one ponytail at the back of my head and decide I need a haircut. It's so long now, I don't even know how that happened. I'm chopping it to my shoulders as soon as I can, because no wonder my times are stagnant, this longass hair keeps slowing me down even though I'm fast! Anyway, I don't bother with make-up, but while putting on my skirt, I wear black leggings beneath it. The socks come knee high at full length, but the leggings ensure that I don't need to wear those. I slip into a pair of combat boots, black with some stylistic silver stitching.

"Breakfast, brat!" Katsuki shouts at me from the kitchen. I fix a button on my shirt, opting not to wear the blazer. I just let it rest over my shoulders and don't bother to put my arms through the sleeves. The front of my shirt is tucked into my leggings and skirt, and the top button is left unopened because... it builds character, okay? I try the tie out, but end up leaving it at home because FUCKING HELL are those shits hard to tie. The scent of cooked eggs drags me down the stairs and I hum in happiness.

"Is it-!"

"Sunny side up with lots of pepper and not nearly as much salt? Yep."

"Aww, you're the best, Katsuki." He smirks in pride.