The Hospital

The only thing more terrifying than the villains at the time was waking up in the infirmary and not being able to hear anything. Sure, the devoiders had done the same, but there was a sort of comforting pressure that told me I wasn't completely gone. This was unavoidable.

I feel a presence near me, so I open my eyes as slowly as I can. I see Katsuki, explosive palms bared as he silently shouts at the other person on the bed. It's Izuku (huge surprise), all his limbs wrapped in bandages. His mouth is moving, too, but I can't hear it. I begin to panic, and I try to say something. "K-Kacchan?" I sat, but I'm not sure if the words actually leaving my mouth. So I say it louder each time. "Kacchan. Kacchan. Kacchan! Kacchan!" I can't stop the tears from falling from my face. "Kacchan, I can't hear you!" I wail when he turns his attention to me. "Kacchan, I can't hear me! Why can't I hear myself?!"

Katsuki looks at me in growing concern, Izuku in horror. Izuku and Kacchan look at each other, and then back at me. Katsuki sits back in his seat and covers his face in disbelief and Izuku sends me a watery smile. He's too injured to get up, otherwise he would comfort me, but he instead looks to Kacchan. I don't know what he's saying but, Kacchan gets off his chair and looks me in the eyes. I can't stop myself from crying and he holds my hands away from my face so I can't wipe the tears. I'm left sniffling and shutting my eyes as I let out pained cries I can't hear. Then I'm pulled into his chest and crying as hard as I possibly can. I can't control or know my volume, but I know that it's loud.

I cry until my eyes are too swollen to open, at which point I just fall asleep with Katsuki holding me still in his hug.

-/-/-/-Izuku POV

Kacchan holds Kagome in a hug as per my advice as tightly as he can. She falls asleep eventually, but he refuses to let her go. "Kacchan?" I say cautiously.

"D-Damn... damn it..." he whispers. "DAMMIT!" He shouts and he holds his sister protectively.

"I won't tell anyone a word if you want to talk about it Kacchan." I offer, shaking slightly. I'm vulnerable due to my own injuries and Kacchan has a habit of making his emotions all leave in the form of anger.

"F-fuck... I..." he looks so pained when he glances at Kagome. He instantly looks away. "I've never... I've never seen her cry so hard. Or ever. And she looks so... so scared, and she- fucking hell, Kagome can't hear anything."

"Kacchan-!"

"She's never gonna tell me to shut the hell up again, and I'm not going to have an excuse to not explode things. It's a bad habit I had, growing up and just when I was less likely to... and she can't hear anymore! She... her devoiders fell out when she fought, didn't they?" He chokes up and Kacchan holds her hand even closer to himself and sobs into her hair. She can't hear him anyway. "Kagome, she's so strong. So good at hiding her feelings, and she's not scared of anything. Her ears... her hearing..."

We both stay silent for a few minutes before Kacchan speaks up again. "D-Izuku," my eyes run over the siblings' forms, surprised. "You've seen her cry before. You've seen her scared, was it ever this bad?"

"Once." I find myself saying. "She's only cried this hard after she told me she was leaving, and even then, most of the crying was about how she was sorry about you trying to blow me up. And that she had to leave you and I behind."

"Hey, Deku?"

"Yes, Kacchan?"

"Kagome never really planned to tell you this herself. And she's going to be too dejected to tell you now, but... she has a thing for you."

"Huh?"

"Kagome likes you."

"Wha-?"

"You know very well what I mean, Deku. I know it's supposed to be between you guys, but I don't think she wanted to tell you. All I wanted to say was... be good to her..."