Vanguard Action Squad

Everything was fine up until I was sent into the woods with Mineta. Of all people. Okay, but he wasn't even the problem. I just glared the everliving fuck out of him, and he was mainly pretty... less... Mineta. Which is not my concern, honestly. WHO KNOWS WHY THE AUTHOR OF MY LIFE ALWAYS PUTS ME WITH MINETA EVERY TIME WHEN THERE ARE MORE QUALITY PEOPLE TO PUT ME WITH. Like, Denki (who failed), Jiro (who went with Momo), and Momo herself, not to mention my brother (decided to go with Tododaddyissues), and Izuku, who was— assigned to go with someone else. I huff in annoyance and continue on though.

See, the problem with the test if courage is this: I'm gutsy as fuck, okay, I am good with social situations and being a bitch in them and all that. I'm kind of an icon like that. But then there's the fact that I'm jittery as fuck. A butterfly could come my direction from five yards away and I think I'd start to run the other direction, and grape-face wasn't much help. I can fight people, and part-people, but if it's shorter than Mineta and not a child, it ain't gonna work here.

Main problem was when my already jittery-and-trying-to-hide-it self practically flew into the sky when Mandalay's voice came into my head. 'A group of villains is attacking us, you are allowed to use your quirks in defense but AVOID CONTACT IF POSSIBLE. They are looking for students named Kacchan and Mochi, so you two DO NOT ENGAGE.'

Mochi—"hey, wait a damn minute, that's my brother and I! Fucking—! AND IZUKU'S nicknames, what is going on—?! And where the fuck is that sack of grapes?"

"Kagome~ what a lovely name. I could just sing it over and over again. Kagome~ Kagome~" a stupidly familiar voice called. "Do you remember me from the last time we played a game together?"

"Who are you?" A wave of sleepiness slams into my lungs and I stumble a bit.

"I guess I'm just a playdate to you, Kagome. That hurts, you know. Kagome, come on. A hint, Kagome? U S J!" The USJ incident was one that left me partially deaf and ingrained his voice in my head.

"Morphe Palette?"

"Oh, you remember, baby? Good. Though, might wanna say the name Morpheus with a little respect. You're my personal little gift from the league."

"I am no object, and you get less attracrive every time we speak. Bring it on, you fucking shit hole." I say, lowering the volume on my hearing aids to ignore his hypnotic humming, but I can't manage to lower it enough when he shoots a kick at me.

"You know, I remember when we met. It took me a while, but I think I have a crush on you! And it might not have seemed like it, but I can't wait to make you suffer." Morpheus lunged at me, but I shuffled around him, powering up my quirk a little bit. I aim at him and move more than necessary so I can get bigger explosions. "I mean, you did break my nose. The league wants something with you, so I won't kill you, but there are worse things than dying."

"I disagree," I say, throwing a kick into his stomach. "As long as you're alive, you can fight. And there is nothing better for me than fighting."

"I think there's one thing better than you fighting, and being feisty," he grabs my wrists and pulls me into a disgusting back-hug. "And that's breaking you! You know, that torture, where I make you feel like you aren't worth living. Its very dangerous, and fickle to play with for you, but I have the horrible habit of making a sport of it." Unlike at the USJ, his voice contains a very obvious malus. He wants to hurt me, and he wants to enjoy it. It's less Yandere-date-me-or-die and more I-will-destroy-you-and-have-fun. His movements are less relaxed, more aggressive, and I scowl as I explode him away.

"What are you gonna say next, Morphe? 'I've been watching you?'"

"Hmm, not quite. But I have been sneaking into your nightmares, haven't I? I figure you would miss me. Aren't you gonna say thank you?"

"What?"

"It's part of my quirk! If I hum myself to sleep, I can travel into the dreams of people I've made fall asleep. Very helpful. I can only control little details. Tiny ones that make all the difference." That's fucking terrifying. "Anyway, didn't you get the hint? Date me, join us, and be number one. Isn't that all you've ever wanted?" Number One... I never did care how I got there...  NO! Not with the help of this creep. "Well, I want you to say no, honestly. Then I can watch you bleed, no backlash from the league. I'm getting a little tired of this chit chat, you know. So let's hush~"

The speed at which he raised the volume of my hearing aids made me dizzy, and a long beeping noise sounded in my head. As soon as the sound clears out, I can hear him, and I desperately begin to make explosions, but the explosion-noises make me more dizzy and worn out than throughout the entire fight, and eventually, when my explosions quieted, I could hear the hypnotic hum crashing into my ear like water into the lungs of a drowning person. It was suffocating and I felt myself losing the ability to breathe out of both how loud the music was and how fast my heartbeat was.

I fell to the ground and— what is this? Floaty feeling? Morpheus had lifted me up and I was now uselessly falling asleep in his arms... "Fuck you, Morpheus."

"..heheh... good night, Kagome-Chan~"

IZUKU POV•
•Time Skip•

"—KACCHAN!!"

"Oh, that's the least of your worries," a silky-to-the-point-I-want-to-kill-it voice calls. I turn  slightly to face him, holding the limp body of...

"Kagome..." I breathe out. "Put my girlfriend down!"

"Hmm, I'm thinking no~ don't worry, I'm not trying to pull anything. I just need her for league purposes and then maybe... well, haven't decided yet. Human experiment, probably... a trophy, for sure." He says, adjusting his hold on her as I begin to come after him; except that he holds a knife to her neck. It's the most cliche move to stop someone ever, but he calmly does it. "Ah, the knife to the girl's neck. A classic, don't you agree?~  Not gonna lie, I'm jealous of you, Mr.Boyfriend. And let me tell you, that does not fare well for Kagome here."

Someone hits the knife out of his hand and he curses as I rush up to him, but I'm too late. Kacchan's 'don't come after me, Deku' and Kagome's silence resonate the same, resonate deep inside me.

"He took..." my Kagome. He took my mochi, my girlfriend. He took Kacchan, he took a set of twins. He took Aizawa's students, and Aunt Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru's kids. He took someone who I was finally managing to get closer to, he took Kacchan. He took Kagome, he took away a huge chunk of my everything in less than a forty seconds...
"KAGOME!!!"