The Entrance Exam

That Present Mic guy? Loud.

Some might find it annoying, but I was used to the intense volume. Kinda. How could I not be, with Katsuki constantly being loud in the vicinity of my existence? At least old geezer was far away. I found myself in the same battle station as Izuku and smiled at him when he approached. "Kacchan isn't here?" I ask, knowing full well that my face is a gentle pink and sub-consciously begin playing with my headphones resting at my neck.

"Nope. He's in another battle area."

"So, uh... what happened with All Might?" I ask. I didn't go to the beach this morning because I decided not to overwork myself at least the day of the practical exam. I'm confident that I got a topping score in the written, simply because the questions were so damn obvious. To me at least. I've always been a low-key genius; no one expects it because I'm so used to not paying attention in class. I never really had to try to pass anything academically, and UA's written exam wasn't an exception. All my effort was for my strenuous activities in swimming.

"Oh, uh." Izuku flushes a light red. "Remember what you said about having to eat hair?"

"No." I deadpan. "You're kidding? I wasn't serious!"

"He was." Izuku scratches his head, a bit of a weird look on his face. "Apparently I have a quirk now, though I'm not quite sure how to use it yet." I frown. It's just that it's impossible for a quirk to be passed down through anything but DNA, and last I checked, Izuku didn't have any relation to All Might. He was basically all his mom.

"Izuku, I-! Oh, crap, no buzzer!" I shout anxiously as I take off in the direction of a one pointer robot and jump onto it. The panel is in the back, so I use a small scalpel to pry it off and rip the wires out. Doing this steadily got me around 27 points. Until that 0-pointer showed up. "What the fuck?" I grin in bewilderment. That was what they were hiding. No points for that, but that's where all the fun is at. I notice a girl running away from the robot and hiss. "Shit, she's gonna get trapped!" I run toward her and push her out of the way rolling onto the ground to push us away. I get up almost immediately, and go for a sprint in the direction of the giant mechanism. I think I saw the panel that has the controls at the bottom of the leg and I pull out the sharpest scalpel in my pocket to head for it.

That is, until I see Izuku Midoriya sprinting's full speed or higher at the robot. May I remind you, this is a Quirkless guy that won't even defend himself against my brother. And while Katsuki is much scarier than this, Izuku shouldn't be able to logically survive hitting that thing or whatever he's planning, not without a plan. He doesn't look like he has one. But Izuku Midoriya, overall cutie and guy I low key have a crush on for hell knows why deadass just launched into the air and Smashes. The robot. To pieces.

Some debris begins to fall, and I know we aren't safe quite yet. I don't know when it happened or how, but as soon as Izuku started falling, no clue on how to control himself from the fall, I forgot every vow I've made to never use my explosions, because there he was. Falling down, with an arm broken from the force he used to break the giant robot.

And I find myself propelling myself into the air above him catching him with my left arm, just barely, and using the right arm to make explosions that slow our fall. I can hear my ears ringing, unused to the sound of the explosions and my hands warming. I feel my eyes clear (everything seems brighter, and sharpens painfully. I don't need to see that clearly) as if to say 'now, you see!. Use it, let it all out, make it burn, FASTER, KAGOME. HARDER KAGOME. STOP YOUR FALL, KAGOME. SHI NÉ!!! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!' And it's terrifying that this much time spent away from the violent tendencies that come with such an explosive quirk are still thriving through the years.