Izuku POV / Kagome POV

I sat down during class and pulled a burnt copy  of one of my hero analysis notebooks out of my backpack. Kacchan burnt it that day in middle school when he told me to take a swan dive off the roof.

Those are darker days, I suppose. I open the book and begin to write down what I can gather about everyone else's quirks and how I could possibly counter them. For example, Mina Ashido. Her quirk is acid, so a way to counter her acid would be with alkali compounds, since the compound would just make the acid harmless. Like watered down lemonade. Fumikage Tokoyami: quirk, Dark Shadow. I think it's pretty self explanatory what the dark shadow is, it's a literal shadow that's taken life, isn't it? So, that means with enough exposure to light, you could probably defeat Dark Shadow.

"All it is about quirks is finding something to cancel it out with. Kagome and Kacchan, they have extremely different fighting styles, but for sure the same quirk, and it's based off of nitroglycerin sweat. It's a bit harder to figure out exactly what could stop their quirk, but it definitely isn't unstoppable. Technically, if you," I pick a pen up and begins writing in the notebook and continue thinking to myself as I look up (on my phone) and draw the chemical compound for nitroglycerin. "Figure out what chemical compound could cancel all these out, then the nitroglycerin would be basically nonexistent, and... hmm, but there's also the problem of new nitroglycerin every time they sweat, so the compound would have to be jelly-like or-!"

"Izuku, you're freaking all of 1-A out." Kagome interrupts. My heart skips a beat since she... startled me, yeah, and I drop my pen and apologize to everyone for a few seconds. "Quit apologizing, Izuku, it's not everyone else's fault you're a genius."

"You are, too, Kagome." I say quietly.

"No, see, there's 3 types of people when it comes to intelligence. The ones with intelligence that try, like you and Kacchan. The ones with intelligence that don't try, like me and Shoto over there. And then the ones that don't try and are stupid."

"But, what about those that aren't... the smartest but try anyway?"

"If you tried and tried with everything you've got, you wouldn't have been stupid." Kagome says, insistent on her opinion.

"What about if it kills you?" I think back to the sludge incident. All those heroes telling me how stupid it was to come in rushing to save Kacchan all those months ago. I'd never regret it, but it was stupid. I didn't have any way to stop myself from getting hurt. No quirk, no weapons, no plan. I could've died, and they were right about that. "What if you're stupid and rush into a situation that you can't possibly have helped in?"

Kagome's strong, sharp gaze softens and she smiles, a little bit. "Then that means they've got spirit, and more heart than they can handle, and that sometimes thinking with their brain isn't the only type of thinking this person can do."

Kagome, despite the majority of her vocabulary being curses and cusses (that would make a grown man cry), has a certain way with words. When she cusses and when she doesn't, you can feel the emphasis of what she means. Kagome is the type of person that understands with her mind and her heart. It's beautiful....

Her way of thought, I mean, it's-

"Kago-Chan," says Shoto Todoroki, walking towards us. Also looking toward us are Kyoka Jiro, and Momo Yaoyorozu. Why does he keep trying to talk to her? And Kago-Chan?! What kind of nickname is that??? Why does that even matter to me? Well, I'm her best friend, of course it matters to me! Yeah. Yeah.
"Endeavor asked me to tell you to check your email."

"Is he mad?" Smirks Kagome, lying back in her seat. "That I got in all on my own without his help in recommendations?"

"Very." Todoroki mutters, rubbing the bridge of his nose."