Celebration.

"People of our time are losing the power of celebration. Instead of celebrating we seek to be amused or entertained. Celebration is an active state, an act of expressing reverence or appreciation. To be entertained is a passive state--it is to receive pleasure afforded by an amusing act or a spectacle.... Celebration is a confrontation, giving attention to the transcendent meaning of one's actions."

― Abraham Joshua Hesche, The Wisdom of Heschel

* * * * *

* * * * *

~ Raavana ~

Damn! These parties are tiring. After excusing myself from Mr. Mehta, I head to the back of the garden, where we are hosting the party today for little moments of peace before I am called again to have a chat with some other business associate who is going to eat my brain. I know it is wrong of me to say this. After all, parties are arranged to socialize and make bonds stronger, be it friendships or business relationships. Any other day, I would have willingly indulged in their chatter and share an opinion of my own. Be it about the current political scenario and the effect of the GST on the industrial sector or the development of an electronic equipment capable of detecting a person's immunity status within a minute. But today isn't the day. And the worst thing, it's my party. 

But why were we having a party today? What was the need for this all? 

Because dad thinks it is a great way to celebrate his retirement. Yes. Dad's gonna retire and make me the CEO of Arya Group of Companies, while he still retains the position of the Chairman. But we still have time till that happens. A few more months, at least. What I don't understand is why today? I told him to select any other day. But the man was hellbent on picking up today to be the day, and I wonder why. 

I know you all are probably wondering what is special about today. Well, what's the thrill in revealing it to you so soon. You will know, in time. 

After just a few minutes of me sitting on the nearby bench and enjoying the peace, I get a call from Raunak. And that people, is my cue to get back. Taking a deep breath, I head back and try to mingle with the guests. Out of nowhere, Mr. Mukherjee drags me to the side. What does this old man eat that he so easily dragged my gym-built body to his will? You do remember Mr. Mukherjee, right? Shreshta's father. 

"So, young man! How are you?"

"I am good sir. How are you doing?"

"I am well Arya. I'll just cut the chase here, what did you decide about the deal?"

"Deal? What deal are you talking about sir?" What the hell is this man talking about?

"About you marrying my daughter in exchange for me investing in your new cyber technology which has no investors till date. And I also got to know that the board of directors of your company are not interested in investing in it."