Raji.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's stone

(Because I love Harry Potter so damn much😉)

(Can someone remember on which instance this dialogue was delivered and by whom?)

* * * * *

* * * * *

~ Raavana ~

Shit!

"You gotta rest Anna. You have been at this since the last few hours. Give it a rest, cool down and come back after a few hours" Trijay said, still maintaining a distance of six feet from me, and like I did all the seven times prior to this, I ignored him. Yeah right, six feet. His swollen cheek is a strong warning sign for everyone to not approach and irritate me when I am already grumpy. Fortunately or unfortunately, it took more than a punch to get this message into the thick heads of these two brothers. You might be wondering why I am this mad right now. I have been trying to bypass a firewall in the Security Network for a Client to check the current security status, but nothing. I am unable to do it. And this is probably the first time this is happening to me after qualifying my hacking course.

Arya, You need to calm down and get a grip!

It has been ten days since Rajeshwari's death and a week since Mandodari walked away from me saying that she needs time to think. I did mess it up, didn't I? Oh man!

Well, what else would I do? It was an instantaneous decision. I didn't know then that Rajeshwari would die or that Mandodari would come to know of the kiss like this. I should have told her earlier but I had no time and then the situations turned bad. After the incident, Manu became so busy with work, that I didn't even have time to talk to her and by the time she got free, Rajeshwari passed away. It all happened so fast that I couldn't comprehend it.

Rajeshwari. Never in my life I was so shocked with the way things turned out, as with her. She barely escaped getting kidnapped, met with an accident which left her hospitalized for months, and now, she was murdered in cold blood. Just thinking about it has my blood boiling with rage. She was an innocent kid. Just Eighteen. What ill intentions did the world have with her?

And do you know my biggest regret with respect to her? That I somehow gave her a signal that I had any romantic interest towards her because honestly I looked at her like I would at my sister.

Rajeshwari, that name sure did bring memories. It was also the name of Shanti Aunty and Prasad uncle's daughter who died in her childhood. Raji, I used to call her. She was my best friend and also my little sister, though I was only older to her by just a few months. We used to be inseparable. Always played together. Always stayed together. I remember there was this time, we were in First class I think, I don't really remember, but we were little kids. Some guy, of our class only, threw my bag on the ground and stomped over it. I was crying standing next to my bag. After Raji came to know what happened, she hit the boy. That day we both had an earful, but it still brings a smile onto my face every time I remember it now.